CHANGEMAKER IN INTERNATIONALISATION STRATEGY
The University of Twente wants to be an international High Tech Human Touch university by embedding international dimensions into education, research, innovation, and support catering to learners, staff members, and society, as described in the whitepaper International Dimensions. This is rooted in the university’s ambitious mission, vision, and strategy Shaping2030. To help the UT realise these goals, the Internationalisation team of the Strategy and Policy Department is looking for an experienced strategic policy advisor with a track record in realising impactful change and (international) relation management. Are you the professional who will enrich our team and organisation with your people skills, outside-in perspective and global experience?
- HOURS32 – 40 hr.
- SALARY INDICATION€ 3,974 – € 6,181
- DEADLINE18 Aug 2022
As a strategic policy advisor on internationalisation, you will contribute by:
- Signalling, reflecting and analysing (external) developments in the international dimensions of education, research and societal impact and turning these into concrete advice, co-creative projects, or innovative strategies or policies for the faculties, institutes, and Executive Board of the UT.
- Bridging strategies to implementable policies and change projects and monitoring their impact.
- Maintaining and contributing to national and international networks, coordinating the portfolio of international institutional partners, and proactively setting the agenda for existing and new international relations that will contribute to the UT’s ambitions.
- Building relations with ministries, governmental bodies and network organisations within the Netherlands, Europe and worldwide for lobby and agenda setting.
- You have proven experience in strategic policy development relevant to the domain of internationalisation or international relationship management in Higher Education.
- You are a strong relationship builder with an outward focus and can navigate and influence the different internal and external spheres.
- You are ambitious, innovative and result-focused.
- You have skills in advising, change management and project-based working
- You enjoy working in a team but can also balance a high degree of professional autonomy with the flexibility to flourish in a dynamic organisation.
- You are comfortable in situations in which change, uncertainty and lack of clarity occur.
- You have excellent interpersonal skills and strong oral and written communication skills in English (level C1 CEFR). You are expected to learn Dutch at an intermediate (level B1 CEFR).
- You have a relevant bachelor’s degree supplemented by experience or a master’s degree and at least four years of professional experience.
- A challenging position at an ambitious university.
- Depending on qualifications and experience, your gross monthly salary has a maximum of €5439- or €6181- gross per month on a full-time basis (salary scale 11 for a mid-level position or salary scale 12 for a senior position – Collective Labour Agreement for Dutch Universities).
- This position is for 32-40 hours per week for an initial period of one year with the prospect of a permanent contract.
- We also offer excellent fringe benefits such as a thirteenth month, an employment conditions options model, and a wide range of internal options for training and development, including Dutch language training.
- On average, you will work from the campus in Enschede for two days a week. On the other days, you can work elsewhere.
INFORMATION AND APPLICATION
For more information, please get in touch with Fred de Vries, Head of the Internationalisation Strategy team at the Strategy & Policy department: +31645424706 email@example.com.
We strongly encourage those with diverse backgrounds to apply.
Please submit your application before 18 August 2022 by filling in the form, including a motivation letter and a current CV. An assessment and employment screening can be part of the selection procedure.