We contribute to research, teaching, and knowledge valorization. You will:
- Develop new lines of funded research with an emphasis on designing and investigating the effectiveness of technology enhanced learning environments;
- (Co-)teach in our leading Educational Science and Technology master and the Psychology programme (bachelor and master);
- Supervise students from these programs during their graduation assignment;
- Contribute towards the supervision of PhD students;
- Engage in cross-disciplinary collaboration with other groups in the department, the faculty and university;
- Develop a network of academic and industrial research partners in the fields of technology enhanced learning.
- Have an education background (master) in a relevant area of research, such as Learning Sciences, Cognitive Psychology, Human-Computer Interaction, or a related subject area;
- Hold a PhD degree in a relevant field and have experience in research, which is apparent from publications in reputable academic journals, presentations in international scientific conferences, and other academic activities;
- Have experience acquiring external funding and possessing the drive to apply for external projects;
- Excellent methodological skills, knowledge of qualitative and quantitative research techniques, experience with R;
- Possess good communication skills and an excellent command of English (C1 or C2). Good command of Dutch or the willingness to learn Dutch;
- Possess a (equivalent of) University Teaching Qualification certificate, or be willing to obtain this, and have a real passion for, and the ambition to become a creative and effective teacher.
We offer a 1-year contact with a prospect for permanent position (0,8 – 1,0 FTE). The starting salary, depending on your experience, ranges between € 3.974 to
€ 6.181 gross per month (in accordance with the Collective Labour Agreement for Dutch Universities), based on the job profile of Assistant Professor.
In addition, the University of Twente offers additional attractive employment conditions
- extras such as an 8,3% end-of-year bonus and 8% holiday allowance;
- minimum of 29 holidays in case of full-time employment;
- an attractive pension scheme;
- possibilities to save up holidays for sabbatical leave;
- professional and personal development programmes;
- a family friendly institution, offering support for dual hiring.
INFORMATION AND APPLICATION
Additional information regarding the position can be obtained from prof.dr. Ton de Jong (email@example.com, +31534893613). You are also invited to visit our homepage.
Please submit your application until 16 September by filling in the form including a motivation letter and current CV (choose ‘apply now’). Screening is part of the application process.