The Department of Engineering Science and Mathematics is recruiting a part-time professor (20 % of full-time) within Electric Power Engineering with location Skellefteå. This person should be able to strengthen the group´s research and education activities in electricity markets, including markets for ancillary services, as part of the future sustainable energy system.
Electric power engineering covers the study of the system for production, transport and consumption of electrical energy. This includes the interaction between the power grid electricity production and electricity consumption.
As a professor you are normally involved in university education, pedagogical development work and research. Your tasks also include following international developments in electric power engineering, supervising doctoral students, leading research projects and communicating their results via academic publications, and being an active part of the research community in electric power engineering.
Professors are expected to contribute to the university’s development work, be responsible for attracting external research funding and be available for assignments in management and administration. In addition to this, a professor is responsible for developing part of the research as well as the pedagogical activities within the electric power engineering.
Qualified for an appointment as professor are those who have demonstrated both scientific and teaching expertise. As much attention must be given to the assessment of the teaching expertise as to the assessment of scientific expertise.
In order to meet the requirements for the appointment as professor, the applicants must:
- be prominent within their subject area and demonstrate, within that area, original and innovative scientific activities of high international standard, including a complete scientific production equivalent to at least three doctoral theses,
- demonstrate academic leadership through, for example,
- research-related commissions of trust, for instance, as an external expert, an external reviewer or a member of an examining committee,
- management of national and/or international research projects,
- experience of applying for and being granted, in competition, external funding for research and development projects, and
- experience of managerial tasks within the University.
- demonstrate ability to collaborate with the wider community through, for example,
- dissemination of new knowledge to the wider community, and
- incorporation of societal needs into research and/or education contexts.
- demonstrate experience of supervising doctoral students and, unless there are special grounds, have been the principal supervisor for at least one doctoral student for the entire period from admission to doctoral degree, and
- have demonstrated teaching expertise.
The following assessment criteria are applied for the position:
– research expertise
– teaching expertise
– other assessment criteria
The following other assessment criteria are applied (ranked in descending order):
– Experience of research and teaching on electricity markets, including markets for ancillary services
– Be able to teach in English
– Ability to collaborate with the surrounding society
– Ability to inform about research and development work
International experience in research collaboration and experience in Swedish universities is counted as a merit.
Most of the employees in the subject Electrical Engineering are currently men, which is why we encourage female applicants.
For further information please contact Math Bollen, +46 (0)920-49 57 13, firstname.lastname@example.org
Union representatives:SACO-S Kjell Johansson +(0)920-49 1529 email@example.com, OFR-S Lars Frisk, (+46)920-49 1792 firstname.lastname@example.org
In case of different interpretations of the English and Swedish versions of this announcement, the Swedish version takes precedence.
Please apply for the position by clicking on the application button below and attach the requested application documents including diplomas (certified and translated into Swedish or English), pedagogical self-reflection and publications, etc. We prefer that applicants follows the Instructions for applicants. Note that the applicant´s educational qualifications should be particularly documented.
Application must be written in English or Swedish/Please write your application in English. We often have English speaking external experts.
Mark your application with the reference number.
Final day to apply: November 3, 2022