If you can perform business intelligence, and you are looking for a job where you can unfold your assessment and networking skills to support a greater good, you have it right here.
As an internationally reputed elite university, DTU is at the forefront of innovation related to “the sustainable transition.” With sustainable innovation as one of the key strategies of DTU, sustainability-based research is set to flourish in coming years in the unique ecosystem in Denmark. At the Novo Nordisk Foundation Center for Biosustainability (DTU Biosustain), we are specifically looking for new ways to support sustainable chemical, material, and food production, and that is why we need you and all your good skills across market intelligence and partnering.
The potential of the project is enormous, with a global perspective, to create technologies that will contribute towards sustainable bio-based chemical production – just like your opportunities for learning and development. Please note that the position is a projects assignment to run until the end of 2023. The position has a possibility to be extended beyond. For prospects beyond 2023, please feel free to contact the team leader.
Advise strategies to the innovation team
Your job is to support the vision of sustainable chemical production. You will do so, by designing and developing strategies for innovation to guide the R&D activities of bio-based technologies for the global chemical industry. Specifically, you will be responsible to evaluate commercial and sustainability performance of innovative products at initial stages. The development is designed to screen ideas, and subsequently optimize the research to address the mutual needs of society and the requirements from stakeholders.
You will be our liaison between the research groups and the market, contributing to the development and commercialization of bio-based products. Your primary tasks will be to:
- Manage activities involved in the development of bio-based production of chemicals, materials, and food.
- Perform market intelligence to gather knowledge to support the innovation.
- Recommend innovative strategies and business models, working closely with our partners.
- Communicate on a regular basis with our in-house subject-matter experts, with regards to understanding intellectual property, economic viability and impacts on environment.
- You will be responsible to decipher complex datasets gathered during market search, construct statistical assessment modules, and use computational skills (in Python, R or similar) to screen relevant findings.
- Support the ideation process with inspiring thoughts, relevant facts, and complementary analysis.
- Create clear presentations, and comprehensive reports. You must be able to effectively communicate the key outcomes with our partners.
- Proactively coordinate research activities, discussions, and event/conference visits.
Your ideas and input e.g., new methods, tools and analysis are highly welcomed.
Education in a technical domain and experience with business intelligence
We are looking for a profile with the motivation and drive needed for making a difference that matters. As you will join a multidisciplinary team. Hence, you must bring a flexible and adaptable mindset. Additionally, you must like to create results via collaboration with people with different professional and cultural backgrounds. To succeed, it is also important that you thrive on making decisions based on limited information. Additionally, your CV comprises of:
- Education (Master’s or PhD) in engineering or sciences, e.g., Environmental sciences, Biotechnology, Chemical, Industrial, Economics or natural sciences
- Previous experience in a technology assessment or an innovation team (involving business plan and/or sustainable impact assessment) in a large company, small and medium-sized enterprises (SME’s) or a start-up.
- Proven track-record of performing market intelligence and statistical assessments. You must be capable of using computational tools such as Python or R for applying these assessment methods.
- Excellent data interpretation and presentation skills. Previous experience with dashboards such as Tableau® or Power BI® will be advantageous to have.
- You have 2+ years of experience in interacting with stakeholders to understand their needs and iterating with suggestions to propel innovation.
Sustainable Innovation Office – your new team
You will join a small and agile team of four skilled and dedicated professional. Our focus is to guide innovation at an early stage by assessing benefits (economic, environmental, and societal) of developed bio-based technologies. Our goal is to develop sustainable technologies that lead to strategic collaborations and commercial packages. Our work environment is informal and characterised by knowledge sharing, respect, trust, and room for having enjoyable time together – naturally balanced with creating tangible results. Now we are just looking forward to welcoming you to the team.
Salary and terms of employment
The appointment will be based on the collective agreement with the Danish Confederation of Professional Associations. The allowance will be agreed upon with the relevant union.
Application and contact
Please submit your online application no later than 20 November 2022 (Danish time). Open the “Apply online” link, fill out the form and attach your motivated application, CV and exam certificates.
If you have any questions, you are very welcome to contact Team Leader, Sumesh Sukumara at email@example.com.
Applications received after the deadline will not be considered.
All interested candidates irrespective of age, gender, race, disability, religion or ethnic background are encouraged to apply.
Technology for people
DTU develops technology for people. With our international elite research and study programmes, we are helping to create a better world and to solve the global challenges formulated in the UN’s 17 Sustainable Development Goals. Hans Christian Ørsted founded DTU in 1829 with a clear mission to develop and create value using science and engineering to benefit society. That mission lives on today. DTU has 13,400 students and 5,800 employees. We work in an international atmosphere and have an inclusive, evolving, and informal working environment. DTU has campuses in all parts of Denmark and in Greenland, and we collaborate with the best universities around the world.
Apply for this job
Apply no later than 20 November 2022
Apply for the job at Center for Biosustainability by completing the following form.APPLY ONLINE