As selected candidate, you will be guided in performing your research with the aim of obtaining a PhD. The research topic is situated in the domain of hybrid urban mobility systems that combine on-demand transportation and bike sharing systems with classic public transport. The research, which is part of a joint research project with the research group Mobilise of the Vrije Universiteit Brussel, aims at studying the design and optimization of such mobility systems using operations research techniques. You communicate your results by publishing in international journals, by presenting at international conferences and seminars and through international research stays. You will continuously have the chance to further professionalise, e.g. through the courses offered by the Doctoral School of Behavioral Sciences & Humanities. You will be part of a dynamic research group with national and international contacts. Furthermore, you contribute to the support of the teaching activities of the research group (such as preparing and correcting exams, teaching practice sessions, supporting master theses and business projects,…).
The research group Logistics is looking for a dynamic and entrepreneurial colleague to further strengthen its team and to do doctoral research. This research group focuses on analysing and optimising problems of practical relevance concerning operations management, supply chain management, distribution logistics and transportation. Quantitative tools such as mathematical modelling, computer simulation and (meta)heuristics are used.
- You have obtained an academic Master with quantitative focus, such as Master in Business Engineering, Master in Business and Information Systems Engineering, Master in Engineering, Master in Industrial Engineering, Master in Computer Science (or equivalent)
Final-year students are (likewise) encouraged to apply.
- You dispose of outstanding problem solving capacity.
- A background in business economics, and more specifically in transport or logistics, is an asset.
- You work independently, you are result oriented and you dispose of excellent organisational skills.
- You have a critical attitude as a researcher.
- You dispose of very good communicative skills.
- You are cooperative and can work well in teams.
- You have a good knowledge of English. Knowledge of Dutch is an asset.
You will be appointed and paid as PhD student.
Doctoral grant for four years (on the condition of a positive evaluation after 2 years).
Apply for this position
The selection procedure consists of a preselection based on application file and an interview.
Apply up to 30.11.2022