SnT is a leading international research and innovation centre in secure, reliable and trustworthy ICT systems and services. We play an instrumental role in Luxembourg by fueling innovation through research partnerships with industry, boosting R&D investments leading to economic growth, and attracting highly qualified talent.
The successful candidate will join the Computer Vision, Machine Intelligence and Imaging (CVI2) headed by Prof. Djamila Aouada. CVI2 offers the opportunity to work on multiple projects (projects with industrial partners such as Lift-Me Off, POST, ARTEC 3D and DataThings and/or national and international academic projects). All projects require conducting full scale experiments, including real-time implementation, data acquisition, training and validation. CVI2 is a group composed of highly motivated and active members.
We’re looking for people driven by excellence, excited about innovation, and looking to make a difference. If this sounds like you, you’ve come to the right place!
This is a fully funded Postdoc position for 18 months (possible extension(s) up to 5 years in total). The position holder will be involved in the National Centre of Excellence in Research in Financial Technologies (“NCER-FT”) project and will focus on the automation of anti-money laundering using artificial intelligence techniques. The NCER-FT aims to establish a Centre of Excellence in Research in Financial Technologies to strengthen Luxembourg’s position as an innovative financial hub by attracting talents and provide world class research and education. The successful candidate will be working closely with Prof. Raphaël Frank (SEDAN research group, SnT, University of Luxembourg), Prof. Stanislaw Tosza (Faculty of Law, Economics and Finance, University of Luxembourg) and other team members. She/He will:
- Propose and develop models and algorithms (Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, etc.) in order to meet the projects demands
- Work closely with project stakeholders
- Shaping research directions and producing results
- Attracting funding in cooperation with industrial partners
- Participating in proposal writing
- Coordinating research projects and delivering outputs
- Disseminating results through scientific publications
- Proposing and implementing real-time solutions
- Participating in organizing relevant workshops and demonstrations
- A PhD degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, Finance or a related field
- Highly experienced in one or more of the following topics:
- Machine Learning / Deep Learning
- Applied Mathematics
- Data science
- Experience with European projects (FP7/H2020), national/international projects and/or industrial project
- Strong mathematical background
- Experience with machine learning algorithms
- Commitment, team working and a critical mind
- Strong development skills in Python, C and C++
- Familiarity with deep learning frameworks such as Pytorch and Tensorflow
- Fluent written and verbal communication skills in English are mandatory
Here’s what awaits you at SnT…
- Exciting infrastructures and unique labs. At SnT’s two campuses, our researchers can take a walk on the moon at the LunaLab, build a nanosatellite, or help make autonomous vehicles even better
- The right place for IMPACT. SnT researchers engage in demand-driven projects. Through our Partnership Programme, we work on projects with more than 55 industry partners
- Be part of a multicultural family. At SnT we have more than 60 nationalities. Throughout the year, we organise team-building events, networking activities and more
- Contract Type: Fixed Term Contract 18 Month
- Work Hours: Full Time 40.0 Hours per Week
- Location: Kirchberg
- Job Reference: UOL05353
The yearly gross salary for every Postdoctoral Researcher at the UL is EUR 77167 (full time)
How to apply…
Applications should include:
- Curriculum Vitae
- Cover letter
- Contact Information of 3 referees
All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply.
Early application is highly encouraged, as the applications will be processed upon reception. Please apply ONLINE formally through the HR system. Applications by Email will not be considered.
The University of Luxembourg embraces inclusion and diversity as key values. We are fully committed to removing any discriminatory barrier related to gender, and not only, in recruitment and career progression of our staff.
About the University of Luxembourg…
University of Luxembourg is an international research university with a distinctly multilingual and interdisciplinary character. The University was founded in 2003 and counts more than 6,700 students and more than 2,000 employees from around the world. The University’s faculties and interdisciplinary centres focus on research in the areas of Computer Science and ICT Security, Materials Science, European and International Law, Finance and Financial Innovation, Education, Contemporary and Digital History. In addition, the University focuses on cross-disciplinary research in the areas of Data Modelling and Simulation as well as Health and System Biomedicine. Times Higher Education ranks the University of Luxembourg #3 worldwide for its “international outlook,” #20 in the Young University Ranking 2021 and among the top 250 universities worldwide.