SnT is a leading international research and innovation centre in secure, reliable and trustworthy ICT systems and services. We play an instrumental role in Luxembourg by fueling innovation through research partnerships with industry, boosting R&D investments leading to economic growth, and attracting highly qualified talent.
Successful candidates will join a young, strong, and motivated FINATRAX Research Group of the SnT. We are an interdisciplinary research group with backgrounds in many fields, including information systems, engineering, economics, computer science, psychology, and political science. Currently, we work on multiple projects in the energy sector, including research on industrial flexibility, smart electric vehicle charging, and electricity market forecasting (more info at https://wwwen.uni.lu/snt/research/finatrax/projects).
We’re looking for people driven by excellence, excited about innovation, and looking to make a difference. If this sounds like you, you’ve come to the right place!
Successful candidates will:
- Carry out applied research on:
- New applications of Artificial Intelligence for energy load or price forecasting
- Potential applications of Federated Learning in the energy domain
- Artificial Intelligence to support electrical network planning and operation
- Support decision tools for energy utilities
- Disseminate results through scientific publications
- Provide guidance to PhD students
- Collaborate with stakeholders in grant and industry-funded projects, especially in the financial sector
We offer two different career paths for scientific staff, depending on their focus on an academic or industry career. In our academic track, associates focus on publications, research grants, teaching experience, and community engagement, while maintaining a positive relationship with industry to get access to first-hand research data. In our industry track, associates prepare themselves for a career in industry or in a start-up while utilizing their previous theoretical knowledge. They will build relationships with our industry partners while having freedom to pursue their own ideas in an innovative and dynamic environment.
- PhD degree or equivalent in Computer Science, FinTech, Information Systems (Engineering), Mathematics, Physics, Industrial Engineering or a related technical field
- Prior experience in publishing high-impact research
- Knowledge in research method(s)
- Knowledge in power markets, artificial intelligence, forecasting models
- Willingness to work in an interdisciplinary team within an international environment
- Fluent written and verbal communication skills in English are required. Knowledge of French, German, and Luxembourgish are not required
Here’s what awaits you at SnT…
- Exciting infrastructures and unique labs. At SnT’s two campuses, our researchers can take a walk on the moon at the LunaLab, build a nanosatellite, or help make autonomous vehicles even better
- The right place for IMPACT. SnT researchers engage in demand-driven projects. Through our Partnership Programme, we work on projects with more than 55 industry partners
- Be part of a multicultural family. At SnT we have more than 60 nationalities. Throughout the year, we organise team-building events, networking activities and more
- Contract Type: Fixed Term Contract 24 Month (extension possible)
- Work Hours: Full Time 40.0 Hours per Week
- Location: Kirchberg
- Job Reference: UOL04232
The yearly gross salary for every Postdoctoral Researcher at the UL is EUR 77167 (full time)
How to apply…
Applications should include:
- A cover letter including:
- A research statement and a list of topics of particular interest to the candidate (250 words)
- A statement on the candidate’s personal motivation for applying (250 words)
- A strategy for the acquisition of research grants and industry partnerships (250 words)
- Full CV, including the contact address, work experience and a list of publications
- Transcript of all modules and results from university-level courses
- Reference letters by prior employers
- 3 publications in full-text, co-authored by the candidate
All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply.
Early application is highly encouraged, as the applications will be processed upon reception. Please apply ONLINE formally through the HR system. Applications by Email will not be considered.
The University of Luxembourg embraces inclusion and diversity as key values. We are fully committed to removing any discriminatory barrier related to gender, and not only, in recruitment and career progression of our staff.
About the University of Luxembourg…
University of Luxembourg is an international research university with a distinctly multilingual and interdisciplinary character. The University was founded in 2003 and counts more than 6,700 students and more than 2,000 employees from around the world. The University’s faculties and interdisciplinary centres focus on research in the areas of Computer Science and ICT Security, Materials Science, European and International Law, Finance and Financial Innovation, Education, Contemporary and Digital History. In addition, the University focuses on cross-disciplinary research in the areas of Data Modelling and Simulation as well as Health and System Biomedicine. Times Higher Education ranks the University of Luxembourg #3 worldwide for its “international outlook,” #20 in the Young University Ranking 2021 and among the top 250 universities worldwide.