The BVDK Lab is developing chimeric antigen receptor (CAR) T cells towards solid malignancies. CAR-T cell therapy is proven to be very effective therapy for hematological malignancies. Several aspects are studied in our lab: optimal target, optimal CAR design, optimal T effector cells. We are looking for an enthusiastic master/PhD for a collaborative research project with an industrial partner
- Generation of CAR-T cells involving cell isolation, cell transduction, cell culture, production of lentiviral particles, electroporation
- In vivo experiments in mice involving injection of human tumor cells and human CAR-T cells in immune deficient mice
- Data analysis and data reporting
- Flow cytometry, molecular techniques (plasmid production)
- You will join a research team focused on immunotherapy of lung cancer patients
- You will be encouraged to obtain a PhD degree on a CAR-T project.
- We offer you a contract of 2 yrs. Possibility to start PhD research project.
- You hold a Master’s degree in a relevant discipline (medicine, bioingeneer, biomedical sciences, biotechnology)
- Phelasa C
- Passion for improving therapies for cancer
- Creative, enthusiastic, and hard working
- Familiar with some/most of the techniques described above
How to apply
Apply online through the e-recruitment system as soon as possible
Your application must include the following documents:
- In the field ‘CV’: your CV and an overview of your study results (merged into one pdf file)
- In the field ‘Cover letter’: your application letter in pdf format
- In the field ‘Diploma’: a transcript of the required degree (if already in your possession). If you have a foreign diploma in a language other than our national languages (Dutch, French or German) or English, please add a translation in one of the mentioned languages.
- In the field “other documents”: a reference letter, an overview of your study results, …
Note that the maximum file size for each field is 10 MB.
As Ghent University maintains an equal opportunities and diversity policy, everyone is encouraged to apply for this position.
For more information about this vacancy, please contact Prof. Bart Vandekerckhove (email@example.com ) or Prof. Bjorn Menten (Bjorn.menten@Ugent.be ) .
Important: do NOT send your application by email, but apply online.