The University of Luxembourg is an international research university with a distinctly multilingual and interdisciplinary character. The University was founded in 2003 and counts more than 6,700 students and more than 2,000 employees from around the world. The University’s faculties and interdisciplinary centres focus on research in the areas of Computer Science and ICT Security, Materials Science, European and International Law, Finance and Financial Innovation, Education, Contemporary and Digital History. In addition, the University focuses on cross-disciplinary research in the areas of Data Modelling and Simulation as well as Health and System Biomedicine. Times Higher Education ranks the University of Luxembourg #3 worldwide for its “international outlook,” #20 in the Young University Ranking 2021 and among the top 250 universities worldwide.
The University of Luxembourg is a multilingual, international research University. Luxembourg is a dynamic, multicultural country in the heart of Europe with a strong research and development base supported by important organisational resources.The Luxembourg Centre for Contemporary and Digital History (C2DH) is a research centre for the study, analysis and public dissemination of contemporary history of Luxembourg and Europe with a particular focus on digital methods and tools for doing innovative historical research. It serves as a catalyst for innovative and creative scholarship and new forms of public dissemination and societal engagement with history.
The Centre for Contemporary and Digital History (University of Luxembourg) has a job opening for a doctoral position on project on the History of Luxembourg during World War II.
- Realize a PhD thesis on the history of spoliation and postwar restitution processes in Luxembourg (1930-1960)
For further information, please contact: Denis Scuto (email@example.com)
For more information about C2DH, please visit: www.c2dh.uni.lu
What we expect from you…
- M.A. in Contemporary History or Cultural Studies with a focus on the History of the Second World War, Jewish History or Comparative History
- Participation in collaborative and interdisciplinary research projects
- Active knowledge of French, English and German. Notions of Luxemburgish constitute an advantage
- Contract Type: Fixed Term Contract 36 Month (extendable up to 48 months if required)
- Work Hours: Full Time 40.0 Hours per Week
- Earliest start date: May 2023
- Employee and student status
- Location: Belval
- Job Reference: UOL05575
The yearly gross salary for every PhD at the UL is EUR 38028 (full time)
How to apply…
Applications should be submitted online and include:
- A curriculum vitae
- A list of publications
- A motivation letter
We ensure a full consideration for applications received by 15/03/2023. Please apply formally through the HR system. Applications by email will not be considered.
The University of Luxembourg embraces inclusion and diversity as key values. We are fully committed to removing any discriminatory barrier related to gender, and not only, in recruitment and career progression of our staff.
In return you will get…
- Multilingual and international character. Modern institution with a personal atmosphere. Staff coming from 90 countries. Member of the “University of the Greater Region” (UniGR).
- A modern and dynamic university. High-quality equipment. Close ties to the business world and to the Luxembourg labour market. A unique urban site with excellent infrastructure.
- A partner for society and industry. Cooperation with European institutions, innovative companies, the Financial Centre and with numerous non-academic partners such as ministries, local governments, associations, NGOs …