We are looking for a motivated and skilled post-doctoral researchers to carry out advanced, thin film physics research on piezoelectric thin films. Our aim is to develop understanding in depositing high performance piezoelectric films using physical vapor deposition methods such as magnetron sputtering and variants.
The XUV Optics Group at Twente has started a new multidisciplinary research program on these topics. We develop forefront fundamental research, relevant to high tech applications (www.utwente.nl/xuv/). The research will take place in a state-of-the-art thin film laboratory within the MESA+ Institute for Nanotechnology at the University of Twente, in collaboration with various academic and industrial partners.
Your goal is to develop the key material science required for mastering new piezoelectric thin films. This includes:
- Exploiting new deposition schemes of piezoelectric thin films, including magnetron sputtering, aiming for optimal thin film materials performance.
- Developing the understanding of the piezoelectric film structures and their functional properties using characterization techniques such as AFM, XRD, SEM and DBLI and detailed analysis.
- Exploring alternative functional materials and deposition methods suitable for new film stack geometries.
- You have a PhD degree in materials science, physical chemistry or engineering, solid state or surface physics or a related field.
- You have affinity with the realization of physical vapor deposition of piezoelectric thin films preferably PZT/PMN-PT/AlN and their optical, structural, and chemical analysis.
- You are an excellent team player in an enthusiastic group of scientists and engineers working on a common theme.
- You are creative, like to push boundaries, and are highly motivated to address a major science challenge in thin film physics.
- You are fluent in English and able to collaborate intensively with industrial and academic parties in regular meetings and work visits.
- You will be appointed on a fulltime position for 2 years with possible extension.
- The university offers a dynamic ecosystem with enthusiastic colleagues in a stimulating scientific environment.
- The post-doc salary is between € 3.557,- and € 4.670,- gross per month depending on experience and qualifications.
- The offer further involves: a holiday allowance of 8% of the gross annual salary and a year-end bonus of 8.3% and a solid pension scheme.
- The number of holiday hours for full-time employment is 232 hours per calendar year.
- Numerous professional and personal development programs.
INFORMATION AND APPLICATION
An interview and a scientific presentation will be part of the selection procedure.
For detailed information, you can contact Dr. Muharrem Bayraktar at firstname.lastname@example.org, +31 53 489 3910.
Please apply via the “Apply Now” button below.