Information about the research
The Department of Biology and Biological Engineering is aiming at bridging cutting edge life sicence research with biochemical engineering, in order to emerge as the leading innovation center in the the region. The research has broad applications in areas of health, industrial production and energy production. An important mission is to drive the development of novel and improved tools to study effects on a cellular level through systems’ biology analysis and modeling tools, metabolic engineering and bioimaging. Powerful experimental platforms are available such as well equipped fermenters, analytical instruments and laser based microscopy. The department offers highly qualified education for engineering students within the area of bioengineering. It is furthermore collaborating in broad, interdiciplinary national and international networks within academia and the industry.
Chalmers Mass Spectrometry Infrastructure (CMSI) is a Chalmers infrastructure with the goal of providing cutting edge and efficient quantitative and qualitative mass spectrometry services for the Swedish research community. The services provided by CMSI range from more simple biomolecule determinations to large scale lipidomics and metabolomics studies where a large degree of the operative focus layes on. CMSI collaborates closely with research groups focusing in use and development of these techniques and, notably, with the Chalmers Computational systems Biology infrastructure with competence in bioinformatics and data science. Within the national infrastructure network, CMSI is part of and works together with personnel at the Biological Mass Spectrometry Infrastructure (BioMS) as well as at the SciLideLab Metabolomics platform.
The core responsibilities of the research engineer will be to:
– Maintain CMSI´s laboratories and instruments at high standard.
– Perform routine analysis using different analytical instruments and methods.
– Participate in maintaining and updating relevant laboratory registries and risk assessments for guaranteeing a safe working environment.
– Provide analytical and technical support to users of the infrastructure to guarantee a successful project workflow.
The holder of the position will be part of the CMSI team that interacts in project groups with senior researchers,PhD-students, postdocs and students. Driving and contributing to quality development work within the platform will also be part of the position.
– MSc, Biomedical analyst or other relevant education with a strong connection to analytical chemistry.
– Experience in working in an analytical laboratory.
– Experience in sample preparation.
– Experience from reporting of analytical results.
– Good communication skills in English
– Documented ability to independently work as part of a research projects
– Experience in sample preparation for chromatographic and mass spectrometric techniques
– Experience in use and maintenance of analytical instruments such as GC and HPLC.
– Experience from systematic quality assurance work
– Experience from handling of biological samples
– Experience in working in scientific research projects including publishing of results in seen as an asset.
– PhD education is seen as an asset
Full time permanent employment. Also a possibility for a one year time limited contract.
Chalmers offers a cultivating and inspiring working environment in the coastal city of Gothenburg.
Read more about working at Chalmers and our benefits for employees.
Chalmers aims to actively improve our gender balance. We work broadly with equality projects, for example the GENIE Initiative on gender equality for excellence. Equality and diversity are substantial foundations in all activities at Chalmers.
The application should be marked with Ref 20230355 and written in English. The application should be sent electronically and be attached as PDF-files, as below. Maximum size for each file is 40 MB. Please note that the system does not support Zip files.
Personal letter: (Please name the document as: Personal letter, Family name, Ref. number)
One page where you:
– Introduce yourself
– Describe your motivation for applying to this position and what attracts you about Chalmers
– Describe how you support your colleagues and bring about a good working environment
– Include names and full contact information of two references that we can contact
CV: (Please name the document as: CV, Family name, Ref. number)– Your CV (please see the CV guidelines).
Copies of completed education, grades etc.
Please use the button at the foot of the page to reach the application form.
Application deadline: 2023-06-24
For questions, please contact:
Otto Savolainen, Head of Division at Infrastructures, Researcher at CMSI
email@example.com +46 31 772 68 35
*** Chalmers declines to consider all offers of further announcement publishing or other types of support for the recruiting process in connection with this position. ***
URL to this page