Requisition ID: 26021
Contract Type: Fixed Term
Working Pattern: Part Time
Posted Date: 22 Aug 2023
Salary: £29,605 to £30,487 with progression to £32,982 per annum, pro rata
Newcastle University is a great place to work, with excellent benefits. We have a generous holiday package; plus the opportunity to buy more, great pension schemes and a number of health and wellbeing initiatives to support you.
Closing Date: 12 September 2023
This is an exciting opportunity to create, co-ordinate and deliver a wide range of high-quality marketing tactics for the HI-ACT Research Hub.
Based in the Faculty of Science, Agriculture and Engineering (SAgE), the postholder will assist with the development, implementation and management of the Research Hub’s marketing plans and organise a number of high-quality events including launches, conferences and industry workshops.
Working closely with the Project Manager, Research and Impact Coordinator and Administrator, this role is a part-time, fixed-term contract of 3 days per week until 30th May 2028.
The Hydrogen Integration for Accelerated Energy Transition (HI-ACT) Hub is a £10M UKRI investment, led from Newcastle University and is currently recruiting for a Marketing and Events Coordinator to support the development, implementation and management of the Research Hub’s marketing plans.
The UK Government has set out high expectations for the role of hydrogen in its future energy plans. It wants hydrogen to fulfil between 20%-35% of the UK’s total energy demand. HI-ACT aims to better understand the requirements of all the stakeholders who can help accelerate this transition. Through our research, we want to develop a better understanding of the potential pathways for integrating hydrogen into future energy use.
For more information about the HI-ACT Hub, please visit: https://hi-act.ac.uk/
We would welcome requests for flexible working and depending on the needs of the role, blended working opportunities to work remotely as well as on campus may be considered. The hiring manager will discuss the requirements of the role, should you be invited to interview.
For informal enquiries, please contact email@example.com (HI-ACT Research Project Manager).
Please provide evidence of how you meet the essential criteria required for the role outlined in ‘The Person’ specification by uploading a cover letter along with your Curriculum Vitae (CV).
- The development, implementation, and management of a range of marketing and communications campaigns and activities to enable the Research Hub to achieve its strategic objectives.
- Responsible for working with internal delivery teams and external suppliers to deliver digital and printed marketing materials.
- Working with partners to develop and deliver an integrated marketing and communications calendar in order to support key activities.
- Co-ordinate a range of hosted events, including launches, conferences and industry workshops.
- Creating digital content suitable for use on social media, websites and newsletters, and producing graphics using the image library and various templates.
- Content planning and copywriting for a wide range of stakeholders, including industry partners, academics and Research and Technology Organisations (RTO)s.
- Co-ordinate regular joint marketing activity and events with partner Hub.
- Assisting the Research Hub team with updating slides and regular reports to the project funder, Engineering and Physical Sciences Research Council.
- Provide advice and guidance on best practice to partners across the Research Hub within areas of marketing e.g. to ensure brand consistency and to maximise effectiveness of communications.
- Support Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) related activity across related projects as required.
- Scheduling, minuting and distributing actions for meetings as required.
- Working with the Project Manager to track project finances and raising web requisitions for external purchases as required.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Experience across all marketing channels including social media, email, website and SEO etc.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, both oral and written.
- Digital and print copywriting experience and knowledge of writing/producing publicity and marketing materials.
- Proof-reading skills and exceptional attention to detail.
- Able to communicate effectively with a range of stakeholders.
- Excellent project management skills.
- Initiative and a creative approach to problem solving.
- Analytical and evaluative skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills.
- Excellent time management skills and administrative skills.
- Familiarity with using content management systems (CMS) and awareness of design principles.
- Awareness of the Hydrogen sector.
- Experience of EDI related activity and issues that impact on EDI in a research environment.
- Attributes and Behaviours
- Acts in a collaborative, inclusive, transparent and open manner, acting with integrity and able to build high levels of trust.
- Encourages and supports a free flow of communication and information across own area, and the wider University where appropriate.
- Sets own priorities in conjunction with team and area objectives and has the ability to quickly identify what is important and act accordingly.
- Keeps an open mind to alternative ways of doing things.
- Proactively anticipates and plans for likely problem areas or obstacles by assessing and managing risks
- Maintains flexibility in work plans to allow for changing circumstances
- Educated to degree standard (or equivalent)
- Marketing and Communication or Media professional qualification (e.g. CIM Certificate)
Newcastle University is a global University where everyone is treated with dignity and respect. As a University of Sanctuary, we aim to provide a welcoming place of safety for all, offering opportunities to people fleeing violence and persecution.
We are committed to being a fully inclusive university which actively recruits, supports and retains colleagues from all sectors of society. We value diversity as well as celebrate, support and thrive on the contributions of all of our employees and the communities they represent. We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from individuals who can complement our existing teams, we believe that success is built on having teams whose backgrounds and experiences reflect the diversity of our university and student population.
At Newcastle University we hold a silver Athena Swan award in recognition of our good employment practices for the advancement of gender equality. We also hold a Race Equality Charter Bronze award in recognition of our work towards tackling race inequality in higher education REC.
In addition, we are a member of the Euraxess initiative supporting researchers in Europe.
Requisition ID: 26021