Requisition ID: 26062
Contract Type: Fixed Term
Working Pattern: Full Time
Posted Date: 21 Aug 2023
Salary: £29,605 to £30,487 with progression to £32,982 per annum
Newcastle University is a great place to work, with excellent benefits. We have a generous holiday package; plus the opportunity to buy more, great pension schemes and a number of health and wellbeing initiatives to support you.
Closing Date: 11 September 2023
We are looking for an experienced senior administrator to lead, organise and manage the workflow and processes for a crucially important area of our delivery to our main stakeholder’s and programmes of work. In this role you will support our programme managers, relationship managers, evidence synthesis and horizon scanning specialists and analysts responsible for this area of work to ensure we deliver information and data to our stakeholders providing a timely and efficient delivery of outputs.
The post holder will be the first point of contact for stakeholders to manage queries, work requests and will be responsible for managing workload allocations, external dashboards and the delivery of key reports.
- To lead, organise and manage workflow to ensure delivery of outputs to our stakeholder projects and 6 programmes of work.
- To work closely with our stakeholders to develop Standard Operating Procedures for collaborative processes across organisations.
- To manage and monitor process timelines and workload allocations to analysts and specialists to ensure outputs are produced to meet deadlines.
- Working with developers and our inhouse technical support to provide expert user insight into our Dynamics CRM workflows for stakeholder processes to ensure necessary updates are maintained and accurate.
- To be responsible for ensuring the Power BI and data dashboards for our stakeholders is kept up to date and accurate.
- Continuously looking for ways to drive improvements and efficiencies in our systems and processes.
- To be the main point of contact for Stakeholders dealing with complex queries. With support of our Stakeholder Relationship Manager’s when necessary, this will require the person to be responsible for making important decisions about how to progress queries to a successful conclusion.
- To be responsible for routine reporting and data requests from stakeholders and responding to ad hoc requests as needed.
- To assist with the development of strategies to improve engagement with healthcare technologies companies including pharmaceutical, medical devices, digital technologies and diagnostic to ensure we are kept up to date with new development.
- To carry out administrative tasks and other duties to support the NIHR IO as required by the management team.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Up to date and comprehensive knowledge of MS Word, Excel, Outlook, Explorer and Access. Understanding of database management systems
- Experience of working/responding independently and dealing with unforeseen problems and circumstances
- Operating knowledge of service/systems/processes in an area providing first line advice and guidance, typically of a more technical/specialised nature, to key stakeholders
- Has proven ability of establishing, reviewing and monitoring administrative systems in office environments
- Proven written and verbal communication skills
- Works calmly and efficiently under pressure and to tight deadlines, with excellent time management, planning, organisational and project management skills
- Able to manipulate and analyse information for management use
- Experience of working with Dynamics CRM
- Experience of working with Power BI
- Knowledge of NIHR and UK health care systems
Attributes and Behaviour
Planning and Organising
- Works in a planned and structured way
- Uses own and others’ time effectively
- Sets own priorities in conjunction with team and area
- Plans workload and tasks in a systematic way
- Ensures that all activities are completed on time
- Uses systems and tools to ensure records and audit trails are clear and up to date
- Keeps work systems up to date, neat and tidy
- Ensures that others know how process and systems work
- Works continually towards achieving success through understanding and meeting or exceeding the expectations of the area, the University, colleagues and other stakeholders
- Is enthusiastic in getting the job done on time
- Is factually correct and gives consistent verbal and non-verbal messages.
- Clear and concise; gets the message across to others
- Chooses communication tools appropriately e.g. selective use of emails and other channels of communication
- Tailors content of communication to the audience, changing style, tone and format appropriately
- Uses face to face communication regularly; team meetings, one to ones, informal discussions/chats, briefing sessions
- Can hold attention of others using appropriate techniques; questioning, rhetorical questions, changing tone and pace of voice and animated style
- Respects the expertise and contribution of others even if own opinion is different
- Shares relevant and useful information with others
- Keeps other team members up to date with progress
- Gets involved with team tasks
- Willing to help others and share workloads
- Supportive of team decisions
- Asks others’ opinion
- Respects the value that different views bring to the team
- Uses initiative to sort things out, is enterprising in effective use of material, financial and human resources
- Looks at ways of overcoming obstacles rather than coming to a standstill
- Confidently deals with a broad range of information
- Keeps an open mind to alternative ways of doing things
- Proactively anticipates and plans for likely problem areas or obstacles by assessing and managing risks
- Educated to at least NVQ Level 3/A level or HNC standard or significant equivalent experience in a similar administrative role. GCSE grades A-C (or equivalent) in English and Maths.
Newcastle University is a global University where everyone is treated with dignity and respect. As a University of Sanctuary, we aim to provide a welcoming place of safety for all, offering opportunities to people fleeing violence and persecution.
We are committed to being a fully inclusive university which actively recruits, supports and retains colleagues from all sectors of society. We value diversity as well as celebrate, support and thrive on the contributions of all of our employees and the communities they represent. We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from individuals who can complement our existing teams, we believe that success is built on having teams whose backgrounds and experiences reflect the diversity of our university and student population.
At Newcastle University we hold a silver Athena Swan award in recognition of our good employment practices for the advancement of gender equality. We also hold a Race Equality Charter Bronze award in recognition of our work towards tackling race inequality in higher education REC.
In addition, we are a member of the Euraxess initiative supporting researchers in Europe.
Requisition ID: 26062