The University of Luxembourg is an international research university with a distinctly multilingual and interdisciplinary character. The University was founded in 2003 and counts more than 6,700 students and more than 2,000 employees from around the world. The University’s faculties and interdisciplinary centres focus on research in the areas of Computer Science and ICT Security, Materials Science, European and International Law, Finance and Financial Innovation, Education, Contemporary and Digital History. In addition, the University focuses on cross-disciplinary research in the areas of Data Modelling and Simulation as well as Health and System Biomedicine. Times Higher Education ranks the University of Luxembourg #3 worldwide for its “international outlook,” #20 in the Young University Ranking 2021 and among the top 250 universities worldwide.
The Faculty of Science, Technology and Medicine (FSTM) contributes multidisciplinary expertise in the fields of ;Mathematics, Physics, Engineering, Computer Science, Life Sciences and Medicine. Through its dual mission of teaching and research, the FSTM seeks to generate and disseminate knowledge and train new generations of responsible citizens, in order to better understand, explain and advance society and environment we live in.
The Department of Engineering (DOE) of the Faculty of Science, Technology and Medicine (FSTM), is looking for an Administrative assistant.
As part of the assistant team of DoE, the candidate will provide high-level administrative support to professors and their research groups such as:
- Communication and interaction with the university administration services
- Coordinate and process purchase orders and expenditures declarations, follow up on invoices and reimbursement of expenses
- Organisation of business trips (e.g. contact the travel agency, prepare travel authorizations and declarations of expenses, follow up on reimbursement procedures)
- Organise internal and external appointments, meetings and events for research group related activities and for the Department (e.g. workshops, retreats, scientific conferences, PhD defences), and arrange facilities (e.g. location booking, ordering of and collaboration with internal or external services such as catering)
- Update files, databases, website and other document types. Maintain complete and efficient records via electronic system
- Administration of new recruitments (e.g. initiate HR requests/hosting agreement for visiting researchers requests/internship and student contract requests, support steps at arrival and leaving of employees)
- Manage the office distribution of the department
What we expect from you…
- Higher Education degree in secretariat or high school degree and equivalent professional experience in a comparable role
- 3 to 5 years of hands-on administrative support experience
- Fluency in English and German is essential, French would be an asset
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Exceptional organisational and administrative skills
- Ability to execute multiple tasks with high accuracy and achieve deadlines under pressure
- Detail-oriented with good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Tactful, and diplomatic team player
- Proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel
- Reliable, intuitive and proactive
Applicants should be well organised, methodical, pragmatic, customer-oriented, and demonstrate ability to adapt to regular procedural changes.
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Work Hours: Full Time 40.0 Hours per Week
- Location: Kirchberg
- Job Reference: UOL05862
How to apply…
Applications should include:
- Curriculum Vitae
- Cover letter
Early application is highly encouraged, as the applications will be processed upon reception. Please apply ONLINE formally through the HR system. Applications by email will not be considered.
The University of Luxembourg embraces inclusion and diversity as key values. We are fully committed to removing any discriminatory barrier related to gender, and not only, in recruitment and career progression of our staff.
In return you will get…
- Multilingual and international character. Modern institution with a personal atmosphere. Staff coming from 90 countries. Member of the “University of the Greater Region” (UniGR).
- A modern and dynamic university. High-quality equipment. Close ties to the business world and to the Luxembourg labour market. A unique urban site with excellent infrastructure.
- A partner for society and industry. Cooperation with European institutions, innovative companies, the Financial Centre and with numerous non-academic partners such as ministries, local governments, associations, NGOs …