The Department of Economics and Management of the Faculty of Law, Economics and Finance of the University of Luxembourg is looking for a PhD candidate to conduct research in the domain of Marketing Analytics.
The doctoral researcher will be working under the supervision of Professor Gelper. The doctoral researcher’s main task will be to prepare a doctoral thesis in the field of Marketing Analytics. The candidate is welcome to suggest any topic within the Marketing Analytics domain, focusing either on the development of new empirical methods or on studying a specific marketing topic using empirical methods. The thesis work will be undertaken at the University of Luxembourg but can also be jointly supervised with another university. The doctoral candidate will contribute to the teaching of classes ranging from one to three hours per week, of small group teachings and tutorials.
The doctoral researcher will benefit from being part of a large research group comprising several PhDs and Postdoctoral Researchers working on related topics in economics and management. Being part of the team will allow the doctoral researcher to enhance his/her knowledge-base and experience, will strengthen her/his academic profile, but also give her/him access to (and the chance to critically engage with) some of the most renowned experts in the field.
We are looking for a candidate with a demonstrated interest in econometrics / empirical methods. In particular, the following requirements apply:
- A Master’s Degree in Econometrics, Quantitative Marketing, Industrial Engineering, or a related field.
- Strong analytical skills, demonstrated competencies for quantitative modeling, knowledge of time series econometrics and machine learning.
- Have the linguistic skills to evolve in a multilingual environment, be fluent in English.
- Excellent communication and writing skills.
- Contract Type: Fixed Term Contract 36 Month (extendable up to 48 months if required)
- Work Hours: Full Time 40.0 Hours per Week
- Location: Kirchberg
- Employee and student status
- Job Reference: UOL05773
The yearly gross salary for every PhD at the UL is EUR 39953 (full time)
In particular, we offer:
- An exciting international and multilingual research environment
- Personal workspace
- Travel opportunities for training and learning
- The University offers highly competitive salaries and is an equal opportunity employer
How to apply…
Applications should be submitted online and include:
- A motivation letter.
- A detailed curriculum vitae with list of publications and copies thereof, if applicable.
- A transcript of concluded university studies.
- The name, current position and relationship to the applicant, of one referee.
We encourage early application. To ensure full consideration, candidates should apply by June, 30th 2023.
For more information concerning this position, please contact Prof. Gelper, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please apply formally through the HR system. Applications by email will not be considered. The University of Luxembourg embraces inclusion and diversity as key values. We are fully committed to removing any discriminatory barrier related to gender, and not only, in recruitment and career progression of our staff.
The University of Luxembourg is an international research university with a distinctly multilingual and interdisciplinary character. The University was founded in 2003 and counts more than 6,700 students and more than 2,000 employees from around the world. The University’s faculties and interdisciplinary centres focus on research in the areas of Computer Science and ICT Security, Materials Science, European and International Law, Finance and Financial Innovation, Education, Contemporary and Digital History. In addition, the University focuses on cross-disciplinary research in the areas of Data Modelling and Simulation as well as Health and System Biomedicine. Times Higher Education ranks the University of Luxembourg #3 worldwide for its “international outlook,” #20 in the Young University Ranking 2021 and among the top 250 universities worldwide.
The Faculty of Law, Economics and Finance offers three Bachelor programmes, four Master programmes of Management and Economics and six Masters of Laws (LL.M.), as well as several continuing education courses. It also includes the Doctoral School in Law and the Doctoral School in Economics and Finance. Around 2,500 students from 90 different nationalities are enrolled at the Faculty. Academic staff from 18 different nationalities teach at the Faculty, supported by practitioners from the field, visiting scholars and guest professors. Rooted in Luxembourg but with a European and international outlook, the Faculty counts three departments:
- Department of Law
- Department of Economics and Management (DEM)
- Department of Finance
Teaching and research benefit from the proximity of the European institutions, Luxembourg’s world-class financial centre ranked second in the world in investment fund asset domicile, and its vibrant business community. Institutional and private sector partnerships, sponsored Chairs, and a growing network of international partner universities make the FDEF a vibrant academic hub within the University at the heart of Europe.
- Find out more about the FDEF
- Find out more about the University
- Addresses, maps & routes to the various sites of the University