The University of Luxembourg is an international research university with a distinctly multilingual and interdisciplinary character. The University was founded in 2003 and counts more than 6,700 students and more than 2,000 employees from around the world. The University’s faculties and interdisciplinary centres focus on research in the areas of Computer Science and ICT Security, Materials Science, European and International Law, Finance and Financial Innovation, Education, Contemporary and Digital History. In addition, the University focuses on cross-disciplinary research in the areas of Data Modelling and Simulation as well as Health and System Biomedicine. Times Higher Education ranks the University of Luxembourg #3 worldwide for its “international outlook,” #20 in the Young University Ranking 2021 and among the top 250 universities worldwide.
We’re looking for people driven by excellence, excited about innovation, and looking to make a difference. If this sounds like you, you’ve come to the right place!
Provide proactive and high-level office management and ensure a well organised day-to-day functioning for the vice-rector for partnership, international relations, technology transfer and outreach towards society.
- Build and maintain a relationship built on trust, in order to enable management to operate in an effective and efficient manner. Able to anticipate or recognize issues and refer them immediately to the right person for resolution;
- Ensure the confidential handling of sensitive documents and information and its adequate follow-up;
- Ensure administrative activities such as reporting, presentations and budget follow-up;
- Compose, check and send out internal and external communication on behalf of the vice rector. Ensure follow-up of communication and sort out daily all correspondences (mails, emails, notices, memos,…) segregating by importance, prioritizing them before handing it over with highlights on issues;
- Agenda management;
- Organise, prepare and follow-up on internal and external meetings conferences and other events.
What we expect from you…
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent by work experience;
- Several years’ experience in administration/secretary’s office; knowledge of a research environment is considered an asset;
- Fluency in English and French (in written and oral). Good understanding of German and/or Luxembourgish is a plus;
- Excellent communication (including writing) and organisational skills with attention to detail and accuracy;
- Proficiency with modern office software;
- Positive and solution-oriented mindset;
- Strong team player with excellent networking and coordination skills, able to work in an international, multidisciplinary and multicultural environment.
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Work Hours: Full Time 40.0 Hours per Week
- Location: Belval
- Job Reference: UOL05804
How to apply…
Applications should include:
- Curriculum Vitae
- Cover letter
Early application is highly encouraged, as the applications will be processed upon reception. Please apply ONLINE formally through the HR system. Applications by email will not be considered.
The University of Luxembourg embraces inclusion and diversity as key values. We are fully committed to removing any discriminatory barrier related to gender, and not only, in recruitment and career progression of our staff.
In return you will get…
- Multilingual and international character. Modern institution with a personal atmosphere. Staff coming from 90 countries. Member of the “University of the Greater Region” (UniGR).
- A modern and dynamic university. High-quality equipment. Close ties to the business world and to the Luxembourg labour market. A unique urban site with excellent infrastructure.
- A partner for society and industry. Cooperation with European institutions, innovative companies, the Financial Centre and with numerous non-academic partners such as ministries, local governments, associations, NGOs …