The University of Luxembourg (UL) is a multilingual, international, and strongly research focused institution. The UL provides a dynamic and personal atmosphere for students and researchers to conduct its daily activities successfully. The Department of Engineering (DoE) is embedded within the Faculty of Sciences, Technology and Medicine (FSTM) and is an interdisciplinary group conducting research in the classical domains of civil, electrical, and mechanical engineering. The DoE is at the centre of technological expertise for companies in Luxembourg. At the DoE, special emphasis is given to numerical simulation techniques to help in the engineering development process by reducing the required experimental effort. Nevertheless, validation of the numerical models and experimental work remains an essential practice. Both applied and fundamental research projects in engineering research are integrated into a network of national, regional, and international public and industrial research institutions.
In a cooperative Project with PHINIA Luxembourg the University is executing a research project devoted to the modelling of Direct Fuel Injection Systems for internal combustion engines. The main part of the project will deal with the analysis of the complex multiphase flow phenomenon in high-pressure fuel injectors when used with carbon neutral fuels such as Methanol.
The successful candidate is expected to perform the following tasks:
- Apply and develop suitable fluid dynamic models
- Run Calculation and validate the results
- Disseminate the results in journal publications and on related conferences
- Manage the research project and coordinate the partner organizations
What we expect from you…
- A PhD degree in Mechanical Engineering, Energy Engineering, Process Engineering, or related fields.
- Sound publication track record in Computational Fluid Dynamics
- Highly committed, excellent team-worker, and strong critical thinking skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Contract Type: Fixed Term Contract 24 Month (extension possible up to five years)
- Work Hours: Full Time 40.0 Hours per Week
- Location: Kirchberg
- Job Reference: UOL05235
The yearly gross salary for every Postdoctoral Researcher at the UL is EUR 81072 (full time)
How to apply…
Applications should include:
- Curriculum vitae
- Copy of certificates
- Track Record
- Letter of motivation
We encourage a full consideration for applications received by 31 August 2023. Please apply ONLINE formally through the HR system. Applications by email will not be considered.
The University of Luxembourg embraces inclusion and diversity as key values. We are fully committed to removing any discriminatory barrier related to gender, and not only, in recruitment and career progression of our staff.
In return you will get…
- Multilingual and international character. Modern institution with a personal atmosphere. Staff coming from 90 countries. Member of the “University of the Greater Region” (UniGR).
- A modern and dynamic university. High-quality equipment. Close ties to the business world and to the Luxembourg labour market. A unique urban site with excellent infrastructure.
- A partner for society and industry. Cooperation with European institutions, innovative companies, the Financial Centre and with numerous non-academic partners such as ministries, local governments, associations, NGOs …
For further information, please contact: Prof. Dr. Stephan Leyer (email@example.com)