The Luxembourg Centre for Systems Biomedicine (LCSB) is an interdisciplinary research centre of the University of Luxembourg. We conduct fundamental and translational research in the field of Systems Biology and Biomedicine – in the lab, in the clinic and in silico. We focus on neurodegenerative processes and are especially interested in Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s disease and their contributing factors.
The LCSB recruits talented scientists from various disciplines: computer scientists, mathematicians, biologists, chemists, engineers, physicists and clinicians from more than 50 countries currently work at the LCSB. We excel because we are truly interdisciplinary and together we contribute to science and society.
The post holder will be developing, implementing and managing quality processes, guidelines and standards to ensure reproducible science in the LCSB laboratories.
The post holder will be helping and supporting the laboratory staff in all quality, procedures, trainings and documentation aspects to make sure the researchers are provided a safe and efficient laboratory environment.
- In close collaboration with the laboratory staff and the support team, contribute to quality assurance :
- Write (as author) Quality SOPs of the LCSB
- Support LCSB authors to write SOPs
- Approve (as Quality Officer) SOPs written by LCSB employees
- Manage the quality documentation system of the LCSB
- Contribute to quality assessment of LCSB publications, ways of working and organisation, monitoring of quality at LCSB (KPI and quality dashboard), communication on quality at LCSB, harmonization of practices, sharing good practices at LCSB
- Actively look for customer feed-back to identify and analyse the needs in quality system development and quality tools development; to propose quality actions
- Follow-up of improvement actions to raise quality level of LCSB
- Maintain, manage and continuously improve the LCSB quality system
- Provide support in the training organization and manage the training recording; Actively participate to the development of the e-learning platform
- Provide support in the documentation of laboratory experiment via the management of the Electronic Laboratory Notebook platform: provide training, community user engagement and actively participate to the development of the functionalities of the software
- Support for Quality Control development: implementation of quality control plan when appropriate
- Provide assistance in the administrative authorisation and develop forms for quality management
- Identify risks; to analyse problems/deviations /complaints in order to identify root cause and to set up appropriate actions; to identify needs for training, to contribute to set-up trainings for the laboratory team
- Provide general support for the laboratory and the support team and contribute to continuous improvement at LCSB
What we expect from you…
- Master’s degree in science
- Fluency in English, a good level in French or German is an advantage
- 3 years working experience in laboratories ideally following GLP/GMP rules
- Knowledge of lean management tools is an asset
- Excellent writing skills to develop a broad range of quality documents
- Good organisational skills with attention to detail and accuracy
- Good knowledge of laboratory activities and instruments
- Good interpersonal communication skills
- Able to develop good relations with the researchers and team members, team player
- Reliable, intuitive and proactive
- Good computer skills, including a proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Works independently and as a team member
- Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner
Here’s what awaits you at the LCSB…
- Excellent work environment with state-of-the-art infrastructure, laboratory and administrative support
- Truly connected. We work together with hospitals and research institutes on a national and international level as well as industrial partners. Connection between science and society is very important to us. From our school lab – the Scienteens Lab – to the different outreach activities and collaborative partnerships with patient associations, we love to listen to society’s needs and share our passion for science
- Be part of a multicultural team. At the LCSB we have more than 50 nationalities. Throughout the year, we organise team-building events, networking activities and more
- Contract type: Permanent
- Work hours: Full Time 40.0 Hours per Week
- Location: Belval
- Internal title: Quality and process specialist
- Job reference: UOL05899
How to apply…
Applications should be submitted online and include:
- Curriculum Vitae
- Cover letter
Early application is highly encouraged, as the applications will be processed upon reception. Please apply formally through the HR system. Applications by email will not be considered.
The University of Luxembourg embraces inclusion and diversity as key values. We are fully committed to removing any discriminatory barrier related to gender, and not only, in recruitment and career progression of our staff.
In return you will get…
- Multilingual and international character. Modern institution with a personal atmosphere. Staff coming from 90 countries. Member of the “University of the Greater Region” (UniGR)
- A modern and dynamic university. High-quality equipment. Close ties to the business world and to the Luxembourg labour market. A unique urban site with excellent infrastructure
- A partner for society and industry. Cooperation with European institutions, innovative companies, the Financial Centre and with numerous non-academic partners such as ministries, local governments, associations, NGOs …
About the University of Luxembourg…
University of Luxembourg is an international research university with a distinctly multilingual and interdisciplinary character. The University was founded in 2003 and has more than 6,700 students and more than 2,000 employees from around the world. The University’s faculties and interdisciplinary centres focus on research in the areas of Computer Science and ICT Security, Materials Science, European and International Law, Finance and Financial Innovation, Education, Contemporary and Digital History. In addition, the University focuses on cross-disciplinary research in the areas of Data Modelling and Simulation as well as Health and System Biomedicine. Times Higher Education ranks the University of Luxembourg #3 worldwide for its “international outlook,” #20 in the Young University Ranking 2021 and among the top 250 universities worldwide.