SnT is a leading international research and innovation centre in secure, reliable and trustworthy ICT systems and services. We play an instrumental role in Luxembourg by fueling innovation through research partnerships with industry, boosting R&D investments leading to economic growth, and attracting highly qualified talent.
Within SnT, the SIGCOM research group is headed by Prof. Symeon Chatzinotas, and mainly carries out research activities in the areas of signal processing for wireless communication systems, including satellite communications, and is currently expanding its research activities towards quantum information systems. Use cases of interest include IoT verticals, unmanned aerial vehicles, integrated satellite-space-terrestrial networks, quantum communications and key distribution, spectrum management and coexistence, tactile Internet, and autonomous transportation. Furthermore, our activities are experimentally driven and supported by the SDR CommLab, the SDN Lab, the 5G-Space Lab, our SW Simulators, and our OTA Facilities.
We’re looking for people driven by excellence, excited about innovation, and looking to make a difference. If this sounds like you, you’ve come to the right place!
This is a fully funded position with a duration of 2 years. The successful candidate is expected to work on designing optimal network programmability solutions. The design strategies will optimize the service function chain, flow management, and virtual network embedding for the network. The ideal candidate should have knowledge and experience in some of the following topics:
- Strong background in Computer Networking technologies (ideally in SDN/NFV)
- Network and/or resource slicing, virtual network embedding
- Optimization and Machine learning/deep learning techniques
- Experience in open-source platforms and controllers (e.g., ONOS, Ryu, MiniNet, OpenSAND)
- Experience in open-source network data-plane platforms (e.g., P4, Openflow, FPGA)
- Experience in virtualization technologies (e.g., OpenStack, Docker, Kubernetes)
- Graph signal processing for wireless networks
- Development skills in MATLAB, python or C++ are required
The position holder will be required to perform the following tasks:
- Contribute to multiple national and international projects related to networking layer
- Carry out research in the defined areas
- Disseminate results through scientific publications in the top-tier venues
- Coordinating research projects and preparing project deliverables
- Preparing new research proposals to attract industrial, national and European projects
- Providing assistance in the supervision of PhD students
The candidate should possess a MSc degree or equivalent in Information Systems, (Technology) Management, Economics, or a related field.
What we’re looking for:
- A collaborative team player with a desire to make a personal impact within our interdisciplinary research group
- The commitment to participate in the design and implementation of high-quality solutions that solve significant problems
- Self-initiative, creativity, curiosity, flexibility and enthusiasm to work
Knowledge and Experience:
The ideal candidate should have some knowledge and/or experience in one or several of the following areas:
- Strong programming skills in MATLAB, Python, or C++
- Strong knowledge in OpenFlow, P4 or FPGA programming
- Highly committed, excellent team-worker, and strong critical thinking skills
Language Skills: Fluent written and verbal communication skills in English are required. Knowledge of either French, German or Luxembourgish will be appreciated but are not a requirement to apply.
Here’s what awaits you at SnT…
- Exciting infrastructures and unique labs. At SnT’s two campuses, our researchers can take a walk on the moon at the LunaLab, build a nanosatellite, or help make autonomous vehicles even better
- The right place for IMPACT. SnT researchers engage in demand-driven projects. Through our Partnership Programme, we work on projects with more than 55 industry partners
- Be part of a multicultural family. At SnT we have more than 60 nationalities. Throughout the year, we organise team-building events, networking activities and more
- Contract Type: Fixed Term Contract 24 Month
- Work Hours: Full Time 40.0 Hours per Week
- Location: Kirchberg
- Job Reference: UOL05954
How to apply…
Applications should include:
- A cover letter including a statement on the candidate’s personal motivation for applying
(approx. 300 words)
- Full CV, including the contact address and work experience
- Transcript of all modules and results from university-level courses taken (Bachelor’s and Master’s degree or equivalent)
All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply.
Early application is highly encouraged, as the applications will be processed upon reception. Please apply ONLINE formally through the HR system. Applications by Email will not be considered.
The University of Luxembourg embraces inclusion and diversity as key values. We are fully committed to removing any discriminatory barrier related to gender, and not only, in recruitment and career progression of our staff.
About the University of Luxembourg…
University of Luxembourg is an international research university with a distinctly multilingual and interdisciplinary character. The University was founded in 2003 and counts more than 6,700 students and more than 2,000 employees from around the world. The University’s faculties and interdisciplinary centres focus on research in the areas of Computer Science and ICT Security, Materials Science, European and International Law, Finance and Financial Innovation, Education, Contemporary and Digital History. In addition, the University focuses on cross-disciplinary research in the areas of Data Modelling and Simulation as well as Health and System Biomedicine. Times Higher Education ranks the University of Luxembourg #3 worldwide for its “international outlook,” #20 in the Young University Ranking 2021 and among the top 250 universities worldwide.
For further information, you may refer to https://wwwen.uni.lu/snt/research/sigcom
For further information, please contact Dr. Youssouf Drif (firstname.lastname@example.org)