KTH Royal Institute of Technology
Postdoc in Numerical Analysis, The project will span over theory, algorithms, software and applications in the department of Mathematics
KTH Royal Institute of Technology in Stockholm has grown to become one of Europe’s leading technical and engineering universities, as well as a key centre of intellectual talent and innovation. We are Sweden’s largest technical research and learning institution and home to students, researchers and faculty from around the world. Our research and education covers a wide area including natural sciences and all branches of engineering, as well as architecture, industrial management, urban planning, history and philosophy.
The Numerical Analysis unit within the department of Mathematics is offering a two-year postdoc position. The research project will be focused on development of numerical algorithms based on integral equations that can be used to simulate e.g. close interactions of drops and particles in viscous fluids with control of the error. This entails error estimation of numerical approximation of so-called layer potentials, integrals over surfaces, as well as the development of cost-aware adaptive methods with error control. The project will span over theory, algorithms, software and applications.
What we offer
- A position at a leading technical university that generates knowledge and skills for a sustainable future
- Engaged and ambitious colleagues along with a creative, international and dynamic working environment
- Works in Stockholm, in close proximity to nature
- Help to relocate and be settled in Sweden and at KTH
- A doctoral degree or an equivalent foreign degree, obtained within the last three years prior to the application deadline (With some exceptions for special reasons such as periods of sick or parental leave, kindly indicate if such reason exists in your resume), or be planned for before the starting date of the position.
- Excellent programming skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English.
- Research expertise in Numerical Analysis is the most important selection criteria, and should be shown through scientific publications/doctoral dissertation.
- Ability to work both independently and with colleagues in different constellations.
- It is also of merit with shown pedagogical ability, as well as awareness of diversity and equal treatment issues with a particular focus on gender equality.
Great emphasis will be placed on personal competency
Trade union representatives
You will find contact information to trade union representatives at KTH’s webbpage.
Log into KTH’s recruitment system in order to apply to this position. You are the main responsible to ensure that your application is complete according to the ad.
The application should include:
- CV including publication list.
- Brief account of why you want to conduct research, your academic interests and how they relate to your previous studies and future goals (maximum two pages).
- Up to three letters of recommendation, sent directly by the letter writer to firstname.lastname@example.org with reference S-2021-0496.
- Contact information for at least two reference persons. We reserve the right to contact references only for candidates who are being interviewed.
- Copy of diplomas and grades from your previous university studies. Translations into English or Swedish if the original documents have not been issued in any of these languages. If a doctoral degree has not yet been obtained, enclose a certificate regarding planned degree date.
Your complete application must be received at KTH no later than the last day of application, midnight CET/CEST (Central European Time/Central European Summer Time).
About the employment
The position offered is for, at the most, two years.
A position as a postdoctoral fellow is a time-limited qualified appointment focusing mainly on research, intended as a first career step after a dissertation.
Striving towards gender equality, diversity and equal conditions is both a question of quality for KTH and a given part of our values.
For information about processing of personal data in the recruitment process please read here.
We firmly decline all contact with staffing and recruitment agencies and job ad salespersons.
Disclaimer: In case of discrepancy between the Swedish original and the English translation of the job announcement, the Swedish version takes precedence.
To apply for this job please visit kth.varbi.com.