DESY is one of the world’s leading research centres for photon science, particle and astroparticle physics as well as accelerator physics. More than 2400 employees work at our two locations Hamburg and Zeuthen in science, technology and administration.
CTA, the Cherenkov Telescope Array, will be the next-generation facility for high-energy gamma-ray astronomy, consisting of about 100 telescopes of different sizes in the northern and southern hemisphere. Among other projects, DESY has the responsibility for the design, construction and deployment of the Medium Size Telescope (MST) structures.
- Design, test and implement telescope control software
- Support the commissioning and performance verification of the first telescopes on the observatory site
- Analysis of gamma-ray telescope data
- PhD in physics or astronomy
- Experience with the operation of telescopes / detectors and the development of software for readout, control and/or monitoring
- lnterest in software design, development and management
- Knowledge of 00 programming (C++ or Java) and scripting languages (ideally python)
- Experience in astroparticle-physics and data analysis
- Fluent in English
For further information please contact Markus Garczarczyk +49 337627 7266, firstname.lastname@example.org or Ullrich Schwanke +49 30 20937671, email@example.com.
The position is limited to 2 years.
Salary and benefits are commensurate with those of public service organisations in Germany. Classification is based upon qualifications and assigned duties. Handicapped persons will be given preference to other equally qualified applicants. DESY operates flexible work schemes. DESY is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer and encourages applications from women. Vacant positions at DESY are in general open to part-time-work. During each application procedure DESY will assess whether the post can be filled with part-time employees.
We are looking forward to your application via our application system: Online Application