Are you driven when it comes to conducting research and practicing teaching? Do you specialise in the field of Persuasive Communication? Effective immediately, we are seeking an assistant / associate professor for this specialisation.
Within the Faculty of Social and Behavioural Sciences, the discipline of Communication Science offers a range of Bachelor’s and Master’s degree programmes in the field of Communication Science. The teaching and research in our Communication Science programmes is interdisciplinary and internationally oriented, offering tracks taught in both English and Dutch. If you find this appealing, this may be the position for you. The Amsterdam School of Communication Research (ASCoR) is the research institute for the Communication Science department, and formulated an ambitious agenda on the digital society. The Department is the home of the Communication and Digital Society Initiative and it participates in several of the University and Faculty Research Priority Areas.
We are looking for an Assistant (temporary or tenure track) or Associate professor to strengthen our Program Group Persuasive Communication, with a research profile that fits the Persuasive Communication research program, focusing on marketing communication / health communication / consumer empowerment in a digital society. The program group aims to have a balance between these three pillars.
What will you be doing?
- Teaching and coordinating modules in the curricula of Communication Science at the bachelor and master level focusing on persuasive communication, depending on educational demand;
- initiating and carrying out research on persuasive communication, in the areas of marketing communication / health communication/ consumer empowerment;
- performing management tasks in the program group and department (UHD);
- contributing to and lead applications for external funding;
- taking part in Outreach and impact activities.
What do we require of you?
The job profile is UD or UHD, depending upon your experience, based on the university job ranking system.
You act with attention to quality, integrity and creativity, and at least have:
- experience with teaching and coordinating substantial courses on persuasive communication;
- a strong empirical research profile;
- developed a line of research that fits well with the profile of the program group and ASCoR;
- a promising research pipeline;
- the capacities to take a leading role in further development of research, education, and outreach and to fulfil administrative tasks;
- positive evaluations of (UD) or track record in (UHD) competitive research grants on persuasive communication;
- proven ability to work as part of a team;
- proven (international) cooperation;
- experience with and ideas for outreach and impact activities.
Do you have any questions or do you require additional information? Please contact:
- prof. Guda van Noort, Professor of Persuasion & New Media Technology
T: +31 (0)20 525 3680
Would you like to learn more about working at the University of Amsterdam? Visit our website.
The position concerns a temporary employment contract of 38 hours per week for a term of 2 years. If the candidate proves suitable, barring unforeseen organisational developments and assuming sufficient FTE availability, we intend to extend the term of employment/offer the candidate a permanent employment contract.
For the UD position salary depends on past education and relevant work experience, with a minimum salary of €3,746 and a maximum salary of €5,127 gross per month based on a full-time employment contract of 38 hours a week (scale 11, Collective Labour Agreement of Dutch Universities).
For the UHD position salary depends on past education and relevant work experience, with a minimum salary of €5,190 and a maximum salary of €6,317 gross per month based on a full-time employment contract of 38 hours a week (scale 13, Collective Labour Agreement of Dutch Universities).
We additionally offer an extensive package of secondary employee benefits, including a generous holiday scheme and year-end bonus. Because we value your continued personal development and professionalisation, we also offer excellent opportunities for study and development.
The UvA is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We value a spirit of enquiry and endurance, provide the space to keep asking questions and cherish a diverse atmosphere of curiosity and creativity.
Does this profile sound like you? If so, we are eager to receive your CV and covering letter.
You may apply online by clicking on ons of the following links:
No agencies please