The Interdisciplinary Centre for Security, Reliability and Trust (SnT) invites applications from highly motivated research individuals for covering its Research Associate in Innovation Strategy and Management opening within its Signal Processing and Communications (SIGCOM) research group. SnT carries out interdisciplinary research in secure, reliable and trustworthy ICT systems and services, often in collaboration with industrial, governmental or international partners. For further information, you may refer to www.securityandtrust.lu
The research group focuses on wireless/satellite communications and networking and is headed by Prof. Symeon Chatzinotas . The research areas focus on the formulation, modelling, design, and analysis of future 5G and beyond communication networks that are capable of supporting new services in a cost-efficient manner. Use cases of interest include IoT verticals, unmanned aerial vehicles, integrated satellite-terrestrial networks, quantum communications and key distribution, spectrum management and coexistence, tactile Internet, and autonomous transportation. As far as technical enablers are concerned, we leverage expertise on massive MIMO cell-free communications, smart-radio environments through the use of intelligent surfaces, machine-type and ultra-reliable and low-latency communications, edge computing and caching, RAN slicing, and network softwarization and visualization. Finally, due to the large-scale nature, complexity, and heterogeneity of 5G and beyond networks, for their analysis and optimization we use tools such as artificial intelligence/machine learning, graph theory and graph-signal processing, and convex/non-convex optimization. Furthermore, our activities are experimentally driven and supported by the SDR CommLab, the SDN Lab, the 5G-Space Lab, our SW Simulators, and our OTA Facilties. For further information, you may refer to https://wwwen.uni.lu/snt/research/sigcom
We’re looking for people driven by excellence, excited about innovation, and looking to make a difference. If this sounds like you, you’ve come to the right place!
The successful candidate will have the role of Research Associate in Innovation Strategy and Management of SIGCOM and will promote its activities and strategic agenda within the international associations SIGCOM is a member of. Based on this, an important part of the successful candidate’s working time will be dedicated to participation in meetings held by these associations, either online or in person, together with the attendance of conferences. Hence, frequent traveling, mostly within Europe, is expected that will amount to a maximum of 1/3 of the candidate’s working time. In addition, the candidate will be assisting the management of ongoing European and national projects together with the preparation of future proposals.
- A PhD degree in Telecommunication Engineering or Electrical Engineering with a focus on wireless and mobile communications
- Excellent knowledge of the 4G/5G communications standards as well as the 6G standardization trends
- Experience with the project management/involvement of H2020 and/or Horizon Europe projects is highly desirable
- Good knowledge in some of the following use cases that SIGCOM focuses its research activity on:
- IoT verticals (i.e. Industry 5.0, smart cities, E-health etc.)
- Unmanned aerial vehicles/drones
- Integrated terrestrial/non-terrestrial networks
- Spectrum management and coexistence
- Tactile Internet
- Autonomous Transportation (i.e., self-driving vehicles)
- Quantum communications and key distribution
- Highly committed, excellent team-worker, and strong critical thinking
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
Here’s what awaits you at SnT…
- Exciting infrastructures and unique labs. At SnT’s two campuses, our researchers can take a walk on the moon at the LunaLab, build a nanosatellite, or help make autonomous vehicles even better
- The right place for IMPACT. SnT researchers engage in demand-driven projects. Through our Partnership Programme, we work on projects with more than 55 industry partners
- Be part of a multicultural family. At SnT we have more than 60 nationalities. Throughout the year, we organise team-building events, networking activities and more
- Contract Type: Fixed Term Contract 48 Month
- Work Hours: Full Time 40.0 Hours per Week
- Location: Kirchberg
- Job Reference: UOL05828
The yearly gross salary for every Postdoctoral Researcher at the UL is EUR 81072 (full time)
How to apply…
Applications should include:
- Curriculum Vitae including:
- Contact address
- For each degree received or currently enrolled in, provide the degree, institution name, institution city and country, and start date and date (or expected date) of graduation. Include the title and short summary of your PhD Thesis and supervisor name (and Bachelor / Master Thesis if you did one)
- If you do not have yet received your PhD but will do soon, please include a tentative graduation date
- List of publications (authors, title, journal/conference name and date of publication). Provide a link in case of open access
- Name, affiliation and contact details of three referees
- Cover letter
All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply.
Early application is highly encouraged, as the applications will be processed upon reception. Please apply ONLINE formally through the HR system. Applications by Email will not be considered.
The University of Luxembourg embraces inclusion and diversity as key values. We are fully committed to removing any discriminatory barrier related to gender, and not only, in recruitment and career progression of our staff.
About the University of Luxembourg…
University of Luxembourg is an international research university with a distinctly multilingual and interdisciplinary character. The University was founded in 2003 and counts more than 6,700 students and more than 2,000 employees from around the world. The University’s faculties and interdisciplinary centres focus on research in the areas of Computer Science and ICT Security, Materials Science, European and International Law, Finance and Financial Innovation, Education, Contemporary and Digital History. In addition, the University focuses on cross-disciplinary research in the areas of Data Modelling and Simulation as well as Health and System Biomedicine. Times Higher Education ranks the University of Luxembourg #3 worldwide for its “international outlook,” #20 in the Young University Ranking 2021 and among the top 250 universities worldwide.
For further information, please contact: Dr. Konstantinos Ntontin (email@example.com).