KTH Royal Institute of Technology in Stockholm has grown to become one of Europe’s leading technical and engineering universities, as well as a key centre of intellectual talent and innovation. We are Sweden’s largest technical research and learning institution and home to students, researchers and faculty from around the world. Our research and education covers a wide area including natural sciences and all branches of engineering, as well as architecture, industrial management, urban planning, history and philosophy.
This is a broad announcement of a postdoc position at the Division of Robotics, Perception, and Learning (RPL) at KTH (https://www.kth.se/is/rpl). The position is not connected to a specific project or targeted at a specific area; instead, we are looking for candidates who show good potential to collaborate with one or more of RPL’s research groups.
What we offer
- A position at a leading technical university that generates knowledge and skills for a sustainable future
- Engaged and ambitious colleagues along with a creative, international, and dynamic working environment
- Work in Stockholm, in close proximity to nature
- Help to relocate and be settled in Sweden and at KTH
- You will have the opportunity to collaborate with several different internationally successful research groups, which will allow you to flourish and reach your full potential
- Apart from your own salary, you also get funding for travel and equipment, so that you can conduct an independent research activity
- An option to teach up to a maximum of 20% to prepare for a future academic career
- A doctoral degree or an equivalent foreign degree, obtained within the last three years prior to the application deadline (With some exceptions for special reasons such as periods of sick- or parental leave, kindly indicate if such reason exists in your resume)
- Research expertise
- Teaching abilities
- Awareness of diversity and equal opportunity issues, with a specific focus on gender equality
- Collaborative abilities
- Solid background in Computer Science, Mathematics, or Electrical Engineering
Great emphasis will be placed on personal competency.
Trade union representatives
You will find contact information to trade union representatives on KTH’s webpage.
The application must include:
- CV including relevant professional experience and knowledge.
- Copy of diplomas and grades from your previous university studies. Translations into English or Swedish if the original documents have not been issued in any of these languages.
- A brief account of your previous research (max 1-page excl. references)
- A brief description of the research you want to conduct at RPL, and how this complement and relate to the current research activity at RPL (max 1-page excl. references).
- Please state which of the research groups at RPL where you would want to be placed in and why.
- Contact details of at least two reference persons.
Log into KTH’s recruitment system in order to apply for this position. You are the main responsible to ensure that your application is complete according to the ad.
Your complete application must be received at KTH no later than the last day of application, midnight CET/CEST (Central European Time/Central European Summer Time).
About the employment
The position offered is for, at the most, two years.
A position as a postdoctoral fellow is a time-limited qualified appointment focusing mainly on research, intended as a first career step after a dissertation.
Striving towards gender equality, diversity and equal conditions is both a question of quality for KTH and a given part of our values.
For information about the processing of personal data in the recruitment process please read here.
We firmly decline all contact with staffing and recruitment agencies and job ad salespersons.
Disclaimer: In case of discrepancy between the Swedish original and the English translation of the job announcement, the Swedish version takes precedence.
|Type of employment||Temporary position longer than 6 months|
|Contract type||Full time|
|First day of employment||In agreement with supervisor|
|Number of positions||3|
|Contact||Patric Jensfelt, Professor, firstname.lastname@example.orgSarah Kullgren, HR Officer, email@example.com|
|Last application date||01.Feb.2021 11:59 PM CET|