•  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  • 1
  • 1
  •  
  • 1
  •  
    3
    Shares

Amber Alert cancelled after missing 3-year-old Barrie girl found safe

TORONTO — Police have cancelled an Amber Alert after a young girl last seen in Barrie, Ont., was found safe.

Ontario Provincial Police issued the Amber Alert just before 1:45 a.m. Tuesday morning for a three-year-old girl who had last been seen in Barrie, Ont., on Monday afternoon. 

Barrie Police said in a tweet Tuesday morning they had located the little girl “safe and sound” and were making arrangements to return her to Barrie. 

Barrie’s first use of Amber Alert ends with reunion of girl, family

A scary moment for many this morning has ended with good news as a Barrie girl has been found safe in Guelph following the city’s first use of the Amber Alert system.

Shortly after 2 a.m. Tuesday, an Amber Alert went out for missing three-year-old Grace (Gracie) Deck and her father, 27-year-old David Cave.

The ordeal began when police were notified at 9 p.m. that Gracie was missing; she and her dad were last seen Monday afternoon at approximately 2:15 p.m. in the Lampman Lane Park area.

Girl reported missing in Barrie, Ont., found safe, Amber Alert cancelled

An Amber Alert has been cancelled for a three-year-old girl reported missing in Barrie, Ont., because the child has been found, police said early Tuesday.

The alert was issued around 1:45 a.m. Tuesday for the girl from the community north of Toronto, along with a description of a man police were seeking.

Police updated the public around 5:30 a.m. ET, saying she had been found “safe and sound” and that arrangements were being made to have her returned to Barrie.

They say further details will be provided later Tuesday morning.

Amber Alert cancelled

An Amber Alert for a three-year-old girl north of Toronto has been called off after the little girl was found safe.

The alert was issued by Ontario Provincial Police shortly before 1:45 a.m. alleging the little girl had been last seen in Barrie, Ont. around 2:15 p.m. Monday with a 27-year-old suspect.

At about 4:45 a.m., police tweeted that the child had been found safe and sound and the alert had been cancelled.

Barrie police say arrangements are being made to bring the girl back to Barrie.

Amber Alert cancelled after 3-year-old Barrie girl found safe

TORONTO — Police in Barrie have located a 3-year-old girl who they allege was taken by her father on Monday afternoon.

In a news release investigators said they are concerned for the well-being of a 3-year old girl, and her father, 27-year old David Cave.

An Amber Alert was broadcast across the province just before 1:45 a.m. Tuesday and identified Cave as a suspect.

The two were last seen Monday afternoon at approximately 2:15 p.m. in the Lampman Park area in the city’s west-end.

The alert was cancelled just before 5 a.m. when police said the toddler was found unharmed.

AMBER ALERT ISSUED FOR 3-YEAR-OLD BARRIE GIRL

The Barrie Police Service is requesting the assistance of the public in locating 27-year-old David Cave and 3-year-old Grace Lynn Deck who goes by the name Gracie. The two were last seen Sunday afternoon at approximately 2:15 p.m. in the Lampman Lane Park area.

Amber Alert for 3-year-old Ontario girl cancelled after she was found safe, police say

Ontario Provincial Police have cancelled an Amber Alert for a three-year-old girl who was last seen in Barrie on Monday after officials say she was found safe.

In the initial news release issued by the Barrie Police Service, officers said the girl was last seen at approximately 2:15 p.m. on Monday and that she was seen with a man.

The OPP issued the provincewide alert just before 1:45 a.m. on Tuesday and three hours later the girl was reported by officers to have been found.

Leave a Reply