The I-EaT Swallowing Research Lab (Malandraki lab) has an immediate opening for a Laboratory Research Assistant position at Purdue University. The incumbent will work closely with Dr. Malandraki to assist in lab activities and be responsible for conducting research essential to the laboratory’s scientific research goals. We are looking for a highly motivated individual with knowledge of the scientific principles, concepts, research ethics, and technology related to clinical research with human subjects to assist in the planning and execution of clinical research projects and clinical trials. Within these projects and trials, we will work with national and international academic partners on novel and emerging diagnostic and therapeutic opportunities, primarily focused on swallowing disorders and neurophysiological function in adults and children.
The laboratory research assistant will conduct research and assist to fine tune specific methods and procedures for projects, will help with recruitment and scheduling of subjects, and with organization/management of daily lab activities and operations. They will also assist to prepare research protocols, scientific papers, and presentations and work independently under the direction of Dr. Malandraki in establishing and accomplishing the goals of her laboratory at Purdue University.
- Bachelor’s degree in neuroscience, psychology, biology, communication sciences and disorders, or a related field.
- One or more years of work experience in a research lab or in a clinic setting.
- Ability to work independently to carry out to completion relevant research projects. Experience with proposal writing and preparation. Excellent verbal and writing skills. Excellent organization and people skills.
- Broad-based research knowledge in clinical trials implementation and swallowing physiology research.
- Master’s degree or higher
- Specific knowledge in use of imaging equipment for swallowing evaluations.
- Masters degree or higher
- All new hires will be expected to follow Protect Purdue guidelines. To learn more, visit https://bit.ly/3DH3z6f
- To learn more about Purdue’s benefits summary https://bit.ly/3t7vcRd
- Purdue will not sponsor employment authorization for this position https://bit.ly/3t7vcRd
- A background check will be required for employment in this position
- FLSA: Exempt (Not Eligible For Overtime)
- Retirement Eligibility: Defined Contribution Waiting Period
- Purdue University is an EOE/AA employer. All individuals, including minorities, women, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply
- Management / Professional (M/P) – Exempt (P4-P6, M3-M6, E1-E3)