As universities all over the world are challenged to focus increasingly on impact, this has profound implications for both research and education. For example, influential research demands strong collaborations with industry and other partners – ideally in the form of research consortia. Likewise, learning shifts increasingly away from knowledge transfer to the real-life application of knowledge, especially in multi- or interdisciplinary teams aimed at solving societal challenges.
Our ideal colleague for the position of Assistant Professor in Entrepreneurship, in the Entrepreneurship & Technology Management section, will challenge us to rethink our ideas on entrepreneurship and enterprising skills and is able to undertake high-quality research, has an interest in exploring novel research methods such as machine learning, while also bringing the latest insights to the classroom to provide an engaging learning experience. We will in turn challenge and support you in bringing your ideas to fruition.
You contribute to research, teaching, and outreach & engagement activities. You will
- Conduct high-tech business research at the crossroads of entrepreneurship, technology management and enterprising skills, with a genuine interest in combining different subject areas;
- (Co-)teach and coordinate courses on, for example, technology entrepreneurship or business development, in our Bachelor’s and Master’s in (International) Business Administration and related programmes;
- Guide students in their graduation assignments;
- Contribute to the supervision of PhD students;
- Co-build our research and learning ecosystem (e.g., by acquiring external research funding).
- hold a PhD degree in business administration, industrial engineering, or a related field;
- have teaching experience (both lecturing and tutoring) at an internationally accredited research university;
- are ideally active in networks for acquiring research funding, and have ambition and experience in working closely with companies and government agencies;
- possess good communication skills and an excellent command of English;
- possess a University Teaching Qualification certificate, or an equivalent, or are willing to obtain this, and have a real passion for, and the ambition to become a creative and effective teacher.
We offer a permanent position (1.0 FTE) with a one-year probationary period (formally a 1-year contract with the prospect of a permanent contract). The starting salary, depending on your experience, ranges between € 3.974,- to € 6.181,- gross per month (in accordance with the Collective Labour Agreement for Dutch Universities), based on the job profile of Assistant Professor. In addition, the University of Twente offers additional attractive employment conditions (8% holiday allowance, 8.3% end-of-year bonus, solid pension scheme, sabbatical leave, professional and personal development programs, etc.).
INFORMATION AND APPLICATION
The following should be included in your application addressed to dr. M.L. Ehrenhard: CV, letter of motivation, two reference letters and two recent teaching evaluations. You can submit your application, before 1st of September, 2022. Additional information about the vacancy can be obtained from dr. M.L. Ehrenhard, (M.L.Ehrenhard@utwente.nl).