ITC has started a strategic investment programme overarching 16 projects, called Ingenuity. Together, the Ingenuity projects form a creative and innovative program that supports the ambitions of ITC as described in its Mission and Vision document.
You will be working for 60-70% of your time on one of the Ingenuity projects, the development of a SAAS for spatial multi-criteria evaluation (SMCE), following the principles of such SMCE functionality available in ILWIS, a desktop Geographic Information System (GIS). Development initially takes place with and for United Nations organizations and alumni companies to support upscaling of the use of SMCE methods for strategic urban and regional planning, location choice, environmental assessment, and other spatial planning and decision applications. You will be working in a small project team, also in collaboration with internal and external developers, for whom you will be the principle developer.
The remainder of your time you will be working on software development for other Ingenuity projects including coordination of software development activities and strongly related to ongoing development activities at ITC.
Your main tasks are:
- Analyzing system requirements
- Engaging with subset of end-users and clients
- Designing and implementing back-end and front-end
- Integrating with API’s from financial SAAS providers
- Develop a testing program with alumni
- Work break down and coordinating development activities
- Engaging with clients and project leaders from Ingenuity and ITC
- Have an academic degree in Geoinformatics or a closely related field and several years of experience with development of geospatial web-applications.
- Are creative, open to new ideas, have a keen interest in geospatial sciences and understand and support ITC’s mission.
- Like working in an international setting and have good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Have good command of the English language in all aspects.
- Are a “generalist” developer at technology readiness level 6 and up.
- Have worked before as principle developer.
- Have experience in modern object-oriented software design methodologies and agile development of distributed services, with a focus on robust software design, scalability and security.
- Have a strong command of a backend development framework such as Django or Flask.
- Have a strong command of programming and scripting languages such as Python/C to automate extraction and processing of geospatial data.
- Have demonstrated ability to manage geo-spatial datasets in using GDAL.
- Have experience in geospatial data management using PostgreSQL and PostGIS.
- Have experience with Geoweb services and OGC standards (i.e. Geoserver, WCS, WFS)
- Have demonstrated work experience with Docker.
The following experiences are of added value
- UI/UX design experience
- Experience working with API’s for online payment and accounting.
- Understanding of SMCE and its implementation in the ILWIS GIS.
- Working experience with cloud platforms such as Azure or Amazon.
- Experience with Solid pods and protocol.
We offer an inspiring international environment. You will be employed for 1 year. Extension of the employment after this period is a possibility.
- Gross monthly salary between € 2,846.00 and € 5,230.00 depending on experience and qualifications (job profile ICT Developer level 3 or 2)
- A holiday allowance of 8 % of the gross annual salary and a year-end bonus of 8.3 %
- Facilities for professional and personal development.
- A solid pension scheme
- Possibilities to save up holidays for sabbatical leave
- A total of 41 holiday days in case of full-time employment
Your position will be within the ITC Faculty Bureau serving the scientific departments and ITC as a whole. You will report to the Portfolio Manager Ingenuity.
INFORMATION AND APPLICATION
Additional information about the position can be obtained from Luc Boerboom (e-mail: email@example.com). If you would like to know more about the Ingenuity programme, you can contact Lisa Timmerman (e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org). You are also invited to visit the ITC homepage.
Please submit your application before 15 August 2022 (choose “apply here” below). Your application has to include i) a motivation letter how you meet the selection criteria and ii) a detailed CV. Job interview will be held in the first half of September 2022.
The University of Twente wants to be an organisation that optimally deploys diversity, talents and capabilities in the labour market for now and the future. In the framework of our diversity and inclusiveness policy, we strongly stimulate people with a (work) disability to apply for this position.
In accordance with international law, only applicants holding the nationality of a member state of the EU/EEA or Switzerland could be employed in this support (non-academic) position.