You will be working 32 hours a week for the Faculty Electrical Engineering, Mathematics and Computer Science as part of the department Embedded Information Services (EIS) of Library ICT services and Archive (LISA)
Based on needs and wishes of the faculty your activities will be determined. Broadly, your tasks are:
- You will supply information and demonstrations regarding products and services of the University Library and you will convert noted needs into recommendations for new products and services.
- You will give personal assistance to employees and students in regard to the usage and publishing of scientific information.
- You will develop and teach information literacy to bachelor and master degree students of the faculty.
- You will translate subject-related questions in regard to scientific information of the pertinent disciplines into a relevant digital collection of academic sources with help of modern ICT tools.
- You will support researchers and groups within the faculty with questions regarding copyright, Open Science/Open access, visibility, and the impact of research.
- You contribute to policy development and you will participate in projects of LISA.
- You have obtained at least a master degree preferable in the field of the faculty EEMCS and a few years of relevant work experience
- You have an affinity with doing research, preferably have a doctorate.
- Experience in developing and providing education is preferred
- Considering that most of the communication will be in the English language, Good command of the English language is required (at least level C1), fluency in Dutch is preferred.
- You are goal oriented, and you can work both independently as within a team. You feel right at home in a complex organization with a broad spectrum of clients and relations.
- In addition, you are resourceful, and you possess excellent social and communication skills. Seeking feedback and collaboration with colleagues and clients is second nature to you.
- We offer a one-year position, with the prospect of a permanent position after a positive evaluation.
- The starting salary, depending on experience and education, ranges between € 3.974,- to € 5.439,- gross per month (in accordance with the Collective Labour Agreement for Dutch Universities).
- In addition, the University of Twente offers additional attractive employment conditions (8% holiday allowance, 8.3% end-of-year bonus, solid pension scheme, professional and personal development programs).
- We have a minimum of 29 leave days in case of fulltime employment based on a formal workweek of 38 hours.
- The ability to work from home.
INFORMATION AND APPLICATION
For more information about this position please contact Marjolein Drent; (email: firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 053 4892081).
You can express your interest in regard to this position by writing an application letter including a current resume until Monday July 11th, Please use the button ‘apply now”
Interviews will, in principle, be held on Thursday afternoon July 14th.
A screening will be part of the application procedure.