Faculty/Services: Faculty of Social and Behavioural Sciences
Educational level: Promoted
Function type: Academic Staff
Closing date: 29 August 2022
Vacancy number: 9865
Are you a passionate and impactful researcher in the field of psychology? Do you have affinity and expertise with relevant research methods and statistical techniques for the applied field (e.g., multilevel-modeling, network modeling)? Effective as of October 2022, we are seeking an assistant professor in our Work and Organizational Psychology group. Our group is part of the Faculty of Social and Behavioral Sciences and our research is carried out at the Psychology Research Institute.
We seek an Assistant Professor in Work and Organizational Psychology
The interested candidate is an active researcher and has made important contributions to knowledge development and application within work, organizational or social psychology (or a related field). In terms of content, the preferred candidate strengthens and complements the research activities of the program group. The candidate should also be an enthusiastic teacher, who appreciates the scientist-practitioner approach to teaching. In addition to doing research for 45% of the time, the candidate participates in teaching activities in our bachelor or master programs for 55% of the time.
What are you going to do
The vacancy of the Assistant Professor position consists of a package of tasks comprising the following four components: education, research, valorization, and administrative tasks. More specifically, you will…
- …. conduct and publish high quality research (45% of the time) fitting the Work and Organizational Psychology program and the master tracks (broadly conceived);
- ….develop and teach courses and supervise students (max. 55% of the time, depending on management and grant acquisition) in the Bachelor, Master and/or Research Master program of Work and Organizational Psychology;
- ….actively pursue (inter)national collaboration within and between disciplines;
- ….attract externally funded research projects;
- ….contribute to the group by participating in research and teaching committees, like organizing research meetings, being a member of the psychology laboratory committee or instigating teaching intervisions.
- ….be active in translating your research to a broader audience and the field.
What do we require
We are looking for a highly motivated, open-minded, and pro-active candidate with the following qualifications:
- a PhD, obtained or close to obtaining, in (relevant subdisciplines of) Psychology;
- a research profile fitting the above described program;
- strong methodological and statistics skills;
- expertise and/or affinity with interdisciplinary research, and excitement for bridging work and organizational psychology with adjacent research areas;
- an open, constructive, and transparent communication style, and strong motivation to collaborate with other researchers;
- excellent oral and written communication skills in English;
- high quality publications in international top journals;
- experience with teaching courses and supervising theses in psychology or related fields;
- completion of the BKO (Basic Teaching Qualification) or willingness to obtain the BKO;
- Dutch proficiency or gaining sufficient command of the Dutch language within a period of 2 years.
- The position concerns (temporary) employment of 38 hours per week for 18 months (12 months if you are already employed by the UvA). Upon mutual positive evaluation and satisfactory performance, you can be offered a tenured position. For this position, the University Job Classification profile Assistant Professor 2 applies.
Additional benefits include an 8.3% end-of-year bonus and 8.0% holiday pay.
- A challenging and collegial work environment with a variety of duties and sufficient scope for individual initiative and development within an inspiring, internationally oriented organization that cherishes diversity, enquiring minds and persevering spirits.
Salary depends on past education and relevant work experience, with a minimum salary of €3974 and a maximum salary of €5439 gross per month based on a full-time appointment for a 38-hour working week (in keeping with scale 11 as per the Collective Labour Agreement for Dutch Universities). We additionally offer an extensive package of secondary employee benefits, including a generous holiday scheme and year-end bonus. Because we value your continued personal development and professionalization, we also offer excellent opportunities for study and development.
Do you have any questions or do you require additional information? Please contact:
- Prof. dr. Astrid Homan, Professor in Work and Organizational Psychology A.C.Homan@uva.nl
Would you like to learn more about working at the Faculty of Social and Behavioural Sciences (FMG)? Visit our website.
Does this profile sound like you? If so, we are eager to receive in 1 pdf (1) your CV, (2) a two-pager with your vision on teaching and research (i.e., a teaching and research statement on max. 2 pages), (3) your latest teaching evaluations (if available), (4) contact information of two possible referents, (5) one recent paper (published or accepted within the last five years), and (6) a cover letter which explains, among other things, how your expertise complements that of the program group.
You can apply online by clicking on the following link.
The deadline for applications is August 29, 2022. The next step in the process consists of a presentation and an interview with the selection committee. Interviews will take place mid September 2022.
The UvA is an equal-opportunity employer. We prioritise diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for everyone. We value a spirit of enquiry and perseverance, provide the space to keep asking questions, and promote a culture of curiosity and creativity.
No agencies please
If an ‘Error GBB451’ occurs, please click here for more information and help.