Founded in 1607, Justus Liebig University Giessen (JLU) is a research university rich in tradition. Inspired by curiosity about the unknown, we enable around 28,000 students and 5,700 employees to advance science for society. Join us in breaking new ground and writing success stories – your own and those of our university.
Support us from 01.11.2022 in part-time (65 %) as a
Doctoral student (m/f/d)
in the field of T-cell Immunology
Our group is interested in understanding the biology of unconventional T cells in health and disease. The project will focus on the cellular and molecular mechanisms underlying the activation of unconventional T cells in physiology and pathophysiology of the lung.
In accordance with § 2 WissZeitVG and § 72 HessHG, the position is to be filled on a fixed-term basis at the Chair of Molecular Immunology at the Faculty of Biology and Chemistry with the opportunity for own academic qualification (Dr. rer. nat. degree). The salary is in accordance with the collective labour agreement of the State of Hessen (E 13 TV-H).
As long as the maximum permissible duration of a fixed-term contract is not exceeded, you will be employed for an initial period of 3 years. An extension for up to another 2 years is possible under the above-mentioned condition.
Your tasks at a glance
- Opportunity for own academic and didactic qualification, activities in research and teaching according to § 72 HessHG
- Deciphering physiological and pathophysiological roles of unconventional T cells in the lung
- Taking on teaching duties according to the teaching obligation ordinance of the state of Hessen
Your qualifications and competences
- Completed Master‘s or equivalent university degree in Immunology, Biomedicine, Biochemistry or an adjacent field
- Strong background in Immunology and cell biology
- Experience in molecular biological, cell biological and immunological methods as well as readiness to work with animal models (adequate training will be provided)
- Excellent English communication skills, both spoken and written
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Independent, self-responsible and team-oriented
Our offer to you
- A varied job with flexible working hours
- Free use of local public transport (LandesTicket Hessen)
- More than 100 training seminars, workshops and e-learning opportunities per year for personal development, as well as a wide range of health and sports activities.
- Remuneration according to TV-H, company pension scheme, child allowance and special payments
- Good compatibility of family and career (certificate “audit familiengerechte hochschule”)
If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact Prof. Dr. Andreas Krueger by e-mail (email@example.com).
JLU aims to employ more women in academic research. We therefore particularly encourage female candidates to apply. Due to the women’s support plan, there is an obligation to increase the proportion of women. JLU is regarded as a family-friendly university. Applicants with children are very welcome. Applications from disabled people of equal aptitude will be given preference.
You want to break new ground with us?
Apply via our online formby September 13th, 2022, indicating reference number 505/08. We look forward to receiving your application.