Founded in 1607, Justus Liebig University Giessen (JLU) is a research university rich in tradition. Inspired by curiosity about the unknown, we enable around 28,000 students and 5,700 employees to advance science for society. Join us in breaking new ground and writing success stories – your own and those of our university.
Support us as of now in part-time (50 %) as a
Doctoral student, Research Associate or Postdoc (m/f/d)
in the field of Animal Husbandry, Behaviour and Welfare
In accordance with § 2 WissZeitVG and § 72 HHG, the position is to be filled on a fixed-term basis at the Chair of Animal Husbandry, Behaviour and Welfare, Department of Animal Breeding and Genetics at the Faculty of Agricultural Sciences, Nutritional Sciences and Environmental Management with the opportunity for own academic qualification. The salary is in accordance with the collective labour agreement of the State of Hessen (E 13 TV-H).
As long as the maximum permissible duration of a fixed-term contract is not exceeded, you will be employed for an initial period of 3 years.
Your tasks at a glance
- Employment is for the advancement of one’s own scientific qualification through the acquisition of scientific competences in the fields of farm animal husbandry and behavioural physiology
- Didactic qualification, activities in research and teaching according to § 72 HHG
- Taking on teaching duties according to the teaching obligation ordinance of the state of Hessen
- Supervision of BSc, MSc theses
- Application for, supervision of and participation in research projects in the area of animal husbandry, stress physiology and animal welfare
- Participation in academic administration and management
Your qualifications and competences
- Completed Master‘s or equivalent university degree in Animal Science, Veterinary Science or related subjects. A relevant PhD/DVM will be considered an asset but is not mandatory for this position.
- Experience in teaching in the area of animal husbandry, physiology, animal welfare or related areas
- A valid class B driver’s license
- Experience in handling livestock (cattle, pig, sheep, goat, poultry, horses)
- Ability to illustrate and communicate complex, field-specific relationships.
- Good German and English skills
- Experience with tools for statistical data analysis (e.g. SAS, R)
Our offer to you
- Work in a friendly and motivated team
- A high degree of personal responsibility and scope for own ideas
- A varied job with flexible working hours
- Free use of local public transport (LandesTicket Hessen)
- More than 100 training seminars, workshops and e-learning opportunities per year for personal development, as well as a wide range of health and sports activities.
- Remuneration according to TV-H, company pension scheme, child allowance and special payments
- Good compatibility of family and career (certificate “audit familiengerechte hochschule”)
If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact Prof. Dr. Uta König von Borstel by e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org).
JLU aims to employ more women in academic research. We therefore particularly encourage female candidates to apply. Due to the women’s support plan, there is an obligation to increase the proportion of women. JLU is regarded as a family-friendly university. Applicants with children are very welcome. Applications from disabled people of equal aptitude will be given preference.
You want to break new ground with us?
Apply via our online formby September 1st, 2022, indicating reference number 460/09. We look forward to receiving your application.