Founded in 1607, Justus Liebig University Giessen (JLU) is a research university rich in tradition. Inspired by curiosity about the unknown, we enable around 28,000 students and 5,700 employees to advance science for society. Join us in breaking new ground and writing success stories – your own and those of our university.
Support us as of now in full-time as a
in the field of Neuroimaging, Neurostimulation and Neurophysiology
The position is part of the third-party funded SFB sub-project B7 “Neurochemical and neurophysiological mechanisms of the interaction of reward processing with bottom-up and top-down networks: the role of dopamine and E/I – Balance” within the “SFB/TRR 135 – Cardinals Mechanisms of perception: Prediction, evaluation, categorization” and is to be filled on a fixed-term basis in accordance with § 2 WissZeitVG and § 72 HessHG with the opportunity for own academic qualification at the Chair for Psychiatry, Center for Psychiatry at the Faculty of Medicine. The salary is in accordance with the collective labour agreement of the State of Hessen (E 13 TV-H).
As long as the maximum permissible duration of a fixed-term contract is not exceeded, you will be until December 31st, 2022.
Your tasks at a glance
- Scientific collaboration at the Center for Psychiatry within the framework of the translational research approach
- Implementation of experiments within the sub-project TRR135/B7
- Data analysis
- Writing scientific articles
- Instructing student assistants and assistants
- Co-supervision of PhD projects
The provision of academic services (including the processing of a research project financed by third party funds on a temporary basis) also serves the purpose of academic qualification.
Your qualifications and skills
- University degree, preferably in psychology or medicine or neuroscience
- Experience in experimental psychological research, ideally with fMRI and/or EEG
- Good knowledge of methods and statistics
- Knowledge of Matlab, BrainVision and SPSS highly desirable
- Very good knowledge of German and English
- Independent and conscientious working style
- Good communication and team skills
- Statutory vaccination requirement in healthcare against SARS-CoV-2: applies to all employees (m/f/d) in hospitals since March 16, 2022
- Further knowledge in the field of MR imaging would be advantageous, but is not a requirement
- Knowledge of non-invasive brain stimulation would be beneficial but is not a requirement
Our offer to you
- Outstanding opportunities for scientific work in the research department at the Center for Psychiatry and Psychotherapy at the University of Giessen
- Opportunity to learn or deepen clinical skills (diagnostics) as well as research methods, including deriving, processing and evaluating EEG and fMRT data
- A varied job with flexible working hours
- Free use of local public transport (LandesTicket Hessen)
- More than 100 seminars, workshops and e-learning offers per year for personal further training as well as a wide range of health and sports offers
- Remuneration according to TV-H, company pension scheme, child allowance and special payments
- The good compatibility of family and work (certificate “audit family-friendly university”)
If you have any further questions, please contact Prof. Dr. Christoph Mulert by phone (0641/985-45702) or by email (Sekretariat-Mulert@psychiat.med.uni-giessen.de).
JLU aims to employ more women in academic research. We therefore particularly encourage female candidates to apply. JLU is regarded as a family-friendly university. Applicants with children are very welcome. Applications from disabled people of equal aptitude will be given preference.
You want to break new ground with us?
Apply via our online formby August 16th, 2022, indicating reference number 433/11. We look forward to receiving your application.