Leibniz Centre for Agricultural Landscape Research (ZALF), Müncheberg
The mission of the Leibniz Centre for Agricultural Landscape Research (ZALF) as a nationally and internationally active research institute is to deliver solutions for an ecologically, economically and socially sustainable agriculture – together with society. ZALF is a member of the Leibniz Association and is located in Müncheberg (approx. 35 minutes by regional train from Berlin-Lichtenberg). It also maintains a research station with further locations in Dedelow and Paulinenaue.
The working group Isotope Biogeochemistry and Gas Fluxes is searching for a student assistant who helps with field and laboratory work within different projects, dealing with climate change adaptation and mitigation strategies. The main focus of these projects lies on investigation of fluxes and pools within the carbon, nitrogen and water cycle, as well as their interactions. Project sites are located all over NE Germany, ranging from a forest peatland in Johanngeorgenstadt next to the Border to Czech Republic, over a wetland area in Lübbenau in Spreewald to agricultural field trials in Dedelow and a rewetted mire in Zarnekow close to the Baltic Sea.
We are offering a 5 month position (extension possible), starting earliest 1st September 2022 (40 h per month), located at ZALF in Müncheberg
Student assistant (m/f/d) – Assistance during field and laboratory experiments
- assistance during field experiments including measurements of GHG´s, spectral plant indices and basic environmental variables at different measurement sites
- assistance during laboratory experiments including incubation and greenhouse studies
- student in agriculture, horticulture, biology, geo-ecology or related disciplines
- willingness for multiday measurement campaigns and travelling to different field sites all over NE Germany
- driving license (min. since 2 years)
- practical work in the exciting research field of climate change mitigation and adaptation research
- insight into scientific practice at a renowned, non-university research institute
- daily allowance for field trips, additional to monthly payment
- flexible working hours
Women are particularly encouraged to apply. Applications from severely disabled persons with equal qualifications are favored. Applications are accepted in English and German. Please send your application preferably by e-mail (one PDF file, max. 5 MB) with the usual documents, in particular CV, proof of qualification and certificates, stating the reference number 81-2022 until 31.08.2022 to: bewerbungen(at)zalf.de
For cost reasons, application documents or extensive publications can only be returned if an adequately stamped envelope is attached.
If you apply, we collect and process your personal data in accordance with Articles 5 and 6 of the EU GDPR only for the processing of your application and for purposes that result from possible future employment with the ZALF. Your data will be deleted after six months.
You can find further information at: www.zalf.de/en/ueber_uns/Pages/Datenschutzerklaerung.aspx