Leibniz Institute of Plant Genetics and Crop Plant Research (IPK), Gatersleben
The Bioinformatics and Information Technology (BIT) group is responsible for the IPK wide infrastructural backbone for research data management. A core service is the data sharing and data publication infrastructure. It serves large volume of high-quality, well-interfaced genomics and phenomics research data and is a node in national & international infrastructure services and research programs, such as NFDI or ELIXIR.
You going to be a part of an international developer team to apply innovative technologies and improve the infrastructure stack in means of building a federated data network for diverse applications such as artificial intelligence, virtual reality or on-demand cloud based computation.
- re-engineering the current implementation of the infrastructure and improve the data submission and publication workflow
- sustainable documentation and testing of API and implementation
- improve the existing RESTful interface and the usability of the corresponding web UI
- design and implement a concept for an interface to link the infrastructure with a standardized middleware for searching and harvesting integrated datasets
Your qualifications and skills:
- master’s degree in computer science, bioinformatics or a related field
- experience in database design, modelling of data & process flows, SQL
- practical skills in OOP programming languages preferably Java
- solid English and/or German skills
- experience in software development and build technologies (GIT, Gradle, Maven, UnitTests…) are of advantage
You fit to us:
- … if you are a passionate programmer, well organized and sustainable in your work.
- …if you can work independently, but are always ready to exchange with colleagues when challenges or questions arise.
- …if problems only motivate you even more.
- …if you are interested in science, willing to bring in your own input and like to try new ideas and technologies.
- …if you like to benefit from working in a multidisciplinary, agile and communicative group.
- …if you are not only a pro in front of the keyboard, but also able to create presentations to show and discuss your work in front of colleagues.
We offer you:
- … a flat organizational structure in which it is fun to contribute ideas and initiative.
- … support from and collaboration within a team of experienced colleagues.
- …flexible working time models.
- … a project-based position for 12 months (with an option to extend)
- …a standard salary of 100 % up to TV-L E13.
- … an entry from 15.09.2022.
If you need further information feel free to contact Dr. Daniel Arend (firstname.lastname@example.org) Tel.: +49 (0) 39482 5842.
What you need to know:
For us, your qualifications and strengths count. Therefore, everyone – independent from gender, origin, age, or possible disability – is welcome. The IPK is striving to increase the proportion of women in sectors where they are underrepresented and therefore explicitly encourages qualified women to apply. As an institution which has been awarded the Certificate for Career and Family (“berufundfamilie”), we offer family-friendly working conditions and flexible working hours. The IPK has set a goal to employ more people with disabilities. Qualified applicants with a disability will be given preference.
We are looking forward to receive your online-application (https://www.ipk-gatersleben.de/en/career/job-offers) until 25.08.2022. If you have questions or require more information, please do contact Kerstin Schweigert (jobs(at)ipk-gatersleben.de).
Please indicate the reference number 47/07/22 in your correspondence.