The University of Luxembourg is an international research university with a distinctly multilingual and interdisciplinary character. The University was founded in 2003 and counts more than 6,700 students and more than 2,000 employees from around the world. The University’s faculties and interdisciplinary centres focus on research in the areas of Computer Science and ICT Security, Materials Science, European and International Law, Finance and Financial Innovation, Education, Contemporary and Digital History. In addition, the University focuses on cross-disciplinary research in the areas of Data Modelling and Simulation as well as Health and System Biomedicine. Times Higher Education ranks the University of Luxembourg #3 worldwide for its “international outlook,” #20 in the Young University Ranking 2021 and among the top 250 universities worldwide.
The Faculty of Science, Technology and Medicine (FSTM) contributes multidisciplinary expertise in the fields of Mathematics, Physics, Engineering, Computer Science, Life Sciences and Medicine. Through its dual mission of teaching and research, the FSTM seeks to generate and disseminate knowledge and train new generations of responsible citizens, in order to better understand, explain and advance society and environment we live in.
The Individual and Collective Reasoning group – ICR (Department of Computer Science), led by Prof. Leon van der Torre, invites applications for a Postdoctoral researcher.
- Conducting high-quality research within ICR projects
- Presentation of research findings at workshops and conferences
- Publication of scientific papers in peer-reviewed international journals
- Writing or helping to write project proposals
- Teaching in the context of ICR (30-60h/year)
What we expect from you…
- A PhD degree in Computer Science, Artificial Intelligence, or a related discipline
- A background in Automated theorem proving
- Evidence of high-quality research documented by good publications
- Strong analytical capacity, creativity, and commitment
- Interest in interdisciplinary activities
- Very good written and spoken English skills; proficiency in French or German is a plus
- Ability to attract research funding
- A dynamic, well-connected international research environment
- An opportunity to be part of an innovative academia-industry partnership with access to cutting-edge research facilities
- Financial support for participating in scientific activities (workshops, conferences, summer schools, etc.)
- Contract Type: Fixed Term Contract 12 Month (extension possible)
- Work Hours: Full Time 40.0 Hours per Week
- Location: Belval
- Job Reference: UOL05327
The yearly gross salary for every Postdoctoral Researcher at the UL is EUR 77167 (full time)
How to apply…
Applications should include:
- Curriculum Vitae
- Motivation letter detailing why and how your profile, experience and research interests fit the position
- A brief research proposal stating how you intend to advance the state-of-the-art in KR and ATP with non-classical logics
- Contact information of two references
- List of publications
We ensure a full consideration for applications received by 30/11/2022. Please apply ONLINE formally through the HR system. Applications by email will not be considered.
The University of Luxembourg embraces inclusion and diversity as key values. We are fully committed to removing any discriminatory barrier related to gender, and not only, in recruitment and career progression of our staff.
In return you will get…
- Multilingual and international character. Modern institution with a personal atmosphere. Staff coming from 90 countries. Member of the “University of the Greater Region” (UniGR).
- A modern and dynamic university. High-quality equipment. Close ties to the business world and to the Luxembourg labour market. A unique urban site with excellent infrastructure.
- A partner for society and industry. Cooperation with European institutions, innovative companies, the Financial Centre and with numerous non-academic partners such as ministries, local governments, associations, NGOs …