SnT is a leading international research and innovation centre in secure, reliable and trustworthy ICT systems and services. We play an instrumental role in Luxembourg by fueling innovation through research partnerships with industry, boosting R&D investments leading to economic growth, and attracting highly qualified talent.
We offer an attractive Research Associate (Postdoc) position in close cooperation with our industrial partner POST Group. POST Group is one of the largest employers in Luxembourg. It has a well-established reputation and is firmly rooted in Luxembourg. It is also an innovative company that adopts an open-minded approach to the world thanks to its constantly evolving activities (www.postgroup.lu/home). The successful candidate will join the Computer Vision, Machine Intelligence and Imaging (CVI²) research group headed by Prof. Djamila Aouada to conduct exciting research in the field of Computer Vision.
We’re looking for people driven by excellence, excited about innovation, and looking to make a difference. If this sounds like you, you’ve come to the right place!
The selected candidate will help out in shaping research directions and carry out high-impact research within the SnT and Post R&D activities. The successful candidate will perform the following tasks:
- Shaping research directions and producing results
- Disseminating results through scientific publications
- Attracting funding in cooperation with industrial partners
- Participating in proposal writing
- Coordinating research projects and delivering outputs
- Providing support in setting up and running experiments
- Implementing real-time solutions
- Providing guidance to PhD and MSc students
- Organizing relevant workshops and demonstrations
- Participating to the teaching activities
- A PhD degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Applied Mathematics or a related field
- Competitive research record in Computer Vision, preferably with publications at top-tier CV/ML conferences/journals
- Strong development skills in Python/C++
- Strong mathematical background
- Broad experience with machine learning algorithms and deep learning concepts
- Previous experience with Generative Adversarial Networks (GANs)
- A particular interest in DeepFake and DeepFake detection approaches
- Commitment, team working and a critical mind
- Fluent written and verbal communication skills in English are mandatory
Here’s what awaits you at SnT…
- Exciting infrastructures and unique labs. At SnT’s two campuses, our researchers can take a walk on the moon at the LunaLab, build a nanosatellite, or help make autonomous vehicles even better
- The right place for IMPACT. SnT researchers engage in demand-driven projects. Through our Partnership Programme, we work on projects with more than 55 industry partners
- Be part of a multicultural family. At SnT we have more than 60 nationalities. Throughout the year, we organise team-building events, networking activities and more
- Contract Type: Fixed Term Contract 24 Month
- Work Hours: Full Time 40.0 Hours per Week
- Location: Kirchberg
- Job Reference: UOL05344
The yearly gross salary for every Postdoctoral Researcher at the UL is EUR 77167 (full time)
How to apply…
Applications, written in English should be submitted online and should include:
- Curriculum Vitae (including your contact address, work experience, publications, etc.)
- Cover letter indicating the research area of interest and your motivation
- A research statement (max 1 page)
- Contact information for 3 referees, including details (name, email address, etc.)
- Github/Gitlab webpage listing completed projects on Computer Vision
All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply.
Early application is highly encouraged, as the applications will be processed upon reception. Please apply ONLINE formally through the HR system. Applications by Email will not be considered.
The University of Luxembourg embraces inclusion and diversity as key values. We are fully committed to removing any discriminatory barrier related to gender, and not only, in recruitment and career progression of our staff.
About the University of Luxembourg…
University of Luxembourg is an international research university with a distinctly multilingual and interdisciplinary character. The University was founded in 2003 and counts more than 6,700 students and more than 2,000 employees from around the world. The University’s faculties and interdisciplinary centres focus on research in the areas of Computer Science and ICT Security, Materials Science, European and International Law, Finance and Financial Innovation, Education, Contemporary and Digital History. In addition, the University focuses on cross-disciplinary research in the areas of Data Modelling and Simulation as well as Health and System Biomedicine. Times Higher Education ranks the University of Luxembourg #3 worldwide for its “international outlook,” #20 in the Young University Ranking 2021 and among the top 250 universities worldwide.