Within the NXTGEN HIGHTECH programme, funded by the ‘Groeifonds’, University of Twente and hDMT (Institute for human organ and Disease Model Technologies) are looking for an experienced, enthusiastic and motivated Postdoc for one of the projects of the domain Biomedical Production Technologies (project One-Stop-Shop), in particular for the development and implementation of qualification and validation methodologies for innovative biomedical products.
hDMT is the coordinator of the Biomedical Production Technologies domain of the NXTGEN HIGHTECH programme, which is expected to start in May 2023. Within this nearly €1 billion programme, which has 6 domains and consists of over 60 projects, more than 340 knowledge institutions and companies are working together to realize an internationally leading ecosystem for high-tech equipment. The Biomedical Production Technologies domain has four application projects (Lab-on-Chip, Organ-on-Chip, Artificial Organs and Cell Production Technology), working towards concrete innovative biomedical products (demonstrators) in these areas. A fifth umbrella project, called the One-Stop-Shop project, that will be led by hDMT, aims to set up and run the production chain.
- You have a PhD degree in engineering, medical technology, biology, toxicology, (regulatory) safety assessment or equivalent.
- You have experience as Principal Investigator in scientific projects.
- You have a good scientific track record.
- You have knowledge of and experience in in vitro model systems (Organ-on-Chip, Artificial Organs, Lab-on-Chip) and their applications.
- You have affinity with qualification, validation and standardization of New Approach Methodologies (NAM), including associated rules and regulations.
- You have excellent analytical skills, experience with structuring information from literature reviews and bibliometric studies.
- You are communicative and result-oriented.
- You have a solution-oriented, structured approach and positive mindset.
- You have the ability to work in a highly collaborative (inter)national environment, both independently and as part of the team.
- You have a hands-on mentality, you are pragmatic and analytical.
- You are enthusiastic and inspiring.
- You have excellent spoken and written English skills. Dutch as native language is a plus.
- You will be appointed at University of Twente (Enschede) and from there seconded to hDMT, the Dutch Organ-on-Chip consortium with multidisciplinary researchers from 16 public knowledge institutions (universities, university medical centres and university of applied sciences) who share their knowledge, expertise and facilities with each other to develop and apply Organs-on-Chips.
- Since hDMT is a virtual institute, you will be embedded into the research group Applied Stem Cell Technologies at UTwente, partner of hDMT, in Enschede, with a strong focus on the development of Organ-on-Chip model systems. You will be part of a young group of researchers involved in the NXTGEN HIGHTECH project, in particular in the One-Stop-Shop and Organ-on-Chip projects.
- We offer a position for 32-38 hours for 2 years, with the intention of a permanent position afterwards.
- Gross salary between €4.332,- and €5.929,- per month (scale 11), depending on experience and qualifications.
- Appointment is in accordance with the CAO Dutch Universities, including excellent benefits such as holiday allowance (8% of the gross annual salary), a year-end bonus (8.3%) and a solid pension scheme.
- The starting date is as soon as possible.
- Hybrid working is an option.
- The University of Twente is situated on a green and lively campus with lots of facilities for sports and other extracurricular activities.
INFORMATION AND APPLICATION
For any questions, you are welcome to contact dr. Janny van den Eijnden-van Raaij, Managing Director hDMT (firstname.lastname@example.org / 0612998074) or Andries van der Meer, professor Applied Stem Cell Technologies (email@example.com).
Are you interested to be part of our team? You can submit your application latest
3 September 2023, via the “apply now” button and include:
– a motivation letter and CV;
– a list of publications;
documentation of your research experience