This post-doctoral position will focus on the analysis of multimodal human physiological feature analysis and modelling to monitor individuals’ health states. Specifically, the post-doctoral researcher will develop multimodal human signal and system fusion algorithms and physiological model-based machine learning models to track the health condition and psychosocial factors of individuals (e.g., elderly or people with a high risk of obesity) using different modal physiological signals, such as inertial measurement unit (IMU), electrocardiography (ECG), photoplethysmogram (PPG), and Electrodermal activity (EDA) signals. The post-doctoral researcher will apply and develop techniques, including multimodal and model-based signal analysis, human physiological dynamic systems, and machine learning modelling.
The prospective post-doctoral researcher is expected to perform high-quality- and internationally visible research with publications in high-rank peer-reviewed journals. The candidate will be mainly (co-)supervised by Dr. Ying Wang, prof. Peter H. Veltink, and Prof. Miriam Vollenbroek-Hutten, Biomedical Signals and Systems (BSS) at the University of Twente and closely collaborate with the other partners within the IMPROve project and the HeathlyW8 project. The candidate will be appointed for a period of 27 months with 0.15 FTE for teaching tasks. During this period, the candidate will be offered the opportunity to broaden their knowledge and network by joining in the Dutch and European consortium meetings and by participating in (inter-)national conferences and workshops.
We are looking for highly motivated, enthusiastic and curious researchers:You have, or are about to get, a PhD degree in biomedical engineering, electrical engineering, computer science, technical medicine, or a related field.
- You have a solid background and rich experience in sensing techniques, signal analysis (time series analysis), dynamic systems and machine learning modelling.
- You have strong programming skills, such as, in Matlab\Python.
- You have strong organisational skills and experience in designing, planning and implementing research activities.
- You are highly motivated to work on the challenges we are facing in healthcare by using personalized innovative eHealth technology and have experience in human-behaviour research and experiment.
- You are able to do independent research and have excellent writing and publication skills.
- You are willing to teach and supervise BSc, Master and PhD students, and preferably have education experience in teaching and/or supervising students.
- You are an excellent team player with strong communication skills in multidisciplinary research teams.
- You are proficient in English and able to collaborate intensively with healthcare professionals as well as with industrial and academic parties in regular meetings and work visits.
We offer you a 27-month full-time post-doctoral research position:
- We provide excellent mentorship and a stimulating research environment with the world’s leading research infrastructure to further develop your research profile.
- We encourage and support you with rich research grant application and collaboration experience and opportunities to lay the foundation for your own further development.
- We encourage a high degree of responsibility and independence while collaborating with close colleagues, researchers, other university staff, and other academic and industry partners within the project consortium, to build your own network for your future development.
- We provide you with excellent supervision in education activities to strengthen your teaching and organisation skills which are essential in both your future academic and industry career.
- You are offered a professional and personal development program within University of Twente to strengthen your soft skills.
- Your salary and associated conditions are in accordance with the collective labour agreement for Dutch universities (CAO-NU), like a gross monthly salary ranging from € 3.877,- to € 4.185,- depending on experience;
- There are excellent benefits including a holiday allowance of 8% of the gross annual salary, an end-of-year bonus of 8.3%, and a solid pension scheme;
- A minimum of 232 leave hours in case of full-time employment based on a formal workweek of 38 hours. Full-time employment in practice means 40 hours a week, therefore resulting in 96 extra leave hours on an annual basis.
- Free access to sports facilities on campus.
- A family-friendly institution that offers parental leave (both paid and unpaid);
INFORMATION AND APPLICATION
The successful applicant will join the BSS group of the department of Electrical Engineering at the Faculty of Electrical Engineering, Mathematics and Computer Science (EEMCS) preferably from December 2023.
For more information regarding this position, you are welcome to contact Dr. Ying Wang email@example.com. Of note, please do not submit your application to the email address. You must submit your application before September 11, 2023 via the ‘Apply now’ button and include:
- A motivation letter (maximum 1.5-page A4), emphasizing your specific interest in this position, qualifications, skills and motivations to apply for this position.
- A full Curriculum Vitae, including your educational background, a short summary of your previous research and teaching activities, and contact information of at least two references that may be consulted.
- A list of publications.
Interviews are planned to take place on the 18th and 19th September in the morning.