The University of Luxembourg is an international research university with a distinctly multilingual and interdisciplinary character. The University was founded in 2003 and counts more than 6,700 students and more than 2,000 employees from around the world. The University’s faculties and interdisciplinary centres focus on research in the areas of Computer Science and ICT Security, Materials Science, European and International Law, Finance and Financial Innovation, Education, Contemporary and Digital History. In addition, the University focuses on cross-disciplinary research in the areas of Data Modelling and Simulation as well as Health and System Biomedicine. Times Higher Education ranks the University of Luxembourg #3 worldwide for its “international outlook,” #20 in the Young University Ranking 2021 and among the top 250 universities worldwide.
The Faculty of Science, Technology and Medicine (FSTM) contributes multidisciplinary expertise in the fields of Mathematics, Physics, Engineering, Computer Science, Life Sciences and Medicine. Through its dual mission of teaching and research, the FSTM seeks to generate and disseminate knowledge and train new generations of responsible citizens, in order to better understand, explain and advance society and environment we live in.
The Department of Life Sciences and medicine and especially the Molecular Disease Mechanisms group is looking for a Biological Research and Development Specialist.
The recruited person should:
- Participate in different projects and support them by technical assistance (active participation in meetings, collection and analyses of data)
- Respect the rules of quality assurance
- Help with the organization in the lab
- Participate in experiments within different microbiome and cancer related projects
- Participate and present obtained data in meetings
- Document performed experiments in a lab book
- Participate in the generation of scientific reports
- Contribute to general tasks in the laboratory
For further information, please contact Dr. Elisabeth Letellier Elisabeth.email@example.com
The activities can be subject to changes or adaptations if required by the project, the structure or the needs of the laboratory.
What we expect from you…
- Master degree in Biological Sciences or related discipline
- 1-5 years previous professional experience in the research domain
- Experience in cell culture techniques, if possible, in 3D cell culture models (organoids, spheroids)
- Experience in molecular biology techniques such as real-time PCR, FACS analysis, Western blotting, imaging techniques are considered an advantage
- Experience with conducting animal experiments is considered an advantage
- Good communication and organizational skills
- Skills in written and spoken English is required, knowledge in German or French is an asset
- Fully funded position with attractive salary
- An exciting international and interdisciplinary research environment
- State-of-the-art lab equipment and analysis tools in cancer biology
- Exciting contributions in the field of cancer therapies
- Very dynamic environment within a young University
- Friendly environment
- Contract Type: Fixed Term Contract 24 Month
- Work Hours: Full Time 40.0 Hours per Week
- Ideal start date: November 2023
- Location: Belval
- Internal Title: Research and development specialist
- Job Reference: UOL05940
How to apply…
Candidates need to submit the following documents in pdf format:
- Motivation letter
- Curriculum Vitae
Early application is highly encouraged, as the applications will be processed upon reception. Please apply ONLINE formally through the HR system. Applications by email will not be considered.
The University of Luxembourg embraces inclusion and diversity as key values. We are fully committed to removing any discriminatory barrier related to gender, and not only, in recruitment and career progression of our staff.
In return you will get…
- Multilingual and international character. Modern institution with a personal atmosphere. Staff coming from 90 countries. Member of the “University of the Greater Region” (UniGR).
- A modern and dynamic university. High-quality equipment. Close ties to the business world and to the Luxembourg labour market. A unique urban site with excellent infrastructure.
- A partner for society and industry. Cooperation with European institutions, innovative companies, the Financial Centre and with numerous non-academic partners such as ministries, local governments, associations, NGOs …