The University of Luxembourg is an international research university with a distinctly multilingual and interdisciplinary character. The University was founded in 2003 and counts more than 6,700 students and more than 2,000 employees from around the world. The University’s faculties and interdisciplinary centres focus on research in the areas of Computer Science and ICT Security, Materials Science, European and International Law, Finance and Financial Innovation, Education, Contemporary and Digital History. In addition, the University focuses on cross-disciplinary research in the areas of Data Modelling and Simulation as well as Health and System Biomedicine. Times Higher Education ranks the University of Luxembourg #3 worldwide for its “international outlook,” #20 in the Young University Ranking 2021 and among the top 250 universities worldwide.
The Faculty of Science, Technology and Medicine (FSTM) contributes multidisciplinary expertise in the fields of Mathematics, Physics, Engineering, Computer Science, Life Sciences and Medicine. Through its dual mission of teaching and research, the FSTM seeks to generate and disseminate knowledge and train new generations of responsible citizens, in order to better understand, explain and advance society and environment we live in.
The successful candidate will join the Nursing Science unit at the Department of Life Science and Medicine (DLSM), Faculty of Science, Technology and Medicine (FSTM) under the line management of Prof. Dr Marie Friedel and Prof. Dr Laurence Bernard.
Your role will include:
- Take responsibility for and coordinate all clinical placements of Nursing Science-Midwifery-Radiology programmes.
- To be responsible for clinical placement on work placements using a software application for the 140 students in the Nursing-Midwifery-Radio sector.
- Development and revision of framework teaching documents for clinical teaching.
- Contributing to the establishment of academic and clinical priorities in relation to clinical teaching.
- Participation in the Clinical Teaching Working Group (UniLu, COPAS, FHL).
- Develop and update coaching courses for clinical tutors.
- Ensure effective Communication with nursing managers and clinical managers.
- Development and updating of professional development activities for teachers responsible for clinical teaching courses (internship).
- Responsibility for developing a Clinical Teaching MOOC aimed at clinical environments, containing at least one guide for tutors, students and clinical managers.
- Provide support for students experiencing difficulties or in complex situation in the context of clinical teaching.
- Ensure a caring management and a rational tasks distribution for the clinical officer(s).
- Establish and coordinate agreements of internships.
What we expect from you…
- Diploma master’s in Nursing Science OR in Public Health OR in Education Sciences.
- Experience with health sector in Luxembourg.
- Good written and oral skills French.
- Essential knowledge in English, German or Luxembourgish will be considered as advantage.
- Commitment, integrity, accountability.
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Work Hours: Full Time 40.0 Hours per Week
- Start date: As soon as possible
- Work Hours: Full Time 40.0 Hours per Week
- Location: Belval
- Internal Title: Education programme specialist
- Job Reference: UOL05947
How to apply…
Applications should include:
- Curriculum Vitae
- Cover letter
- Copies of diplomas and transcripts with grades
Early application is highly encouraged, as the applications will be processed upon reception. Please apply ONLINE formally through the HR system. Applications by email will not be considered.
The University of Luxembourg embraces inclusion and diversity as key values. We are fully committed to removing any discriminatory barrier related to gender, and not only, in recruitment and career progression of our staff.
In return you will get…
- Multilingual and international character. Modern institution with a personal atmosphere. Staff coming from 90 countries. Member of the “University of the Greater Region” (UniGR).
- A modern and dynamic university. High-quality equipment. Close ties to the business world and to the Luxembourg labour market. A unique urban site with excellent infrastructure.
- A partner for society and industry. Cooperation with European institutions, innovative companies, the Financial Centre and with numerous non-academic partners such as ministries, local governments, associations, NGOs …
- Position in a recently created dynamic nursing science research unit in a quickly growing university
- Excellent working conditions in an international and inspiring environment
- Opportunity to participate regularly in scientific activities in Luxembourg and abroad (seminars, summer schools, etc)