SnT is a leading international research and innovation centre in secure, reliable and trustworthy ICT systems and services. We play an instrumental role in Luxembourg by fueling innovation through research partnerships with industry, boosting R&D investments leading to economic growth, and attracting highly qualified talent.
The Centre is rapidly expanding its research activities and is seeking highly motivated doctoral candidates who wish to pursue research in close cooperation with our partners. For further information, you may check: www.securityandtrust.lu and https://wwwen.uni.lu/snt/research/finatrax
We’re looking for people driven by excellence, excited about innovation, and looking to make a difference. If this sounds like you, you’ve come to the right place!
Successful candidates will join the young, vibrant, and interdisciplinary FINATRAX Research Group, which builds bridges between business research and information systems engineering. The group conducts research on the application and the impact of digital technologies like DLT/Blockchain, Digital Identities, Machine Learning/AI, and IoT/5G on organisations from both the private and public sectors. The group consists of doctoral and postdoctoral researchers from diverse backgrounds (e.g., policy, business, technology), united in pursuit of sustainable technologies that positively impact society. For more information, please visit our website: https://wwwen.uni.lu/snt/research/finatrax/projects
Successful candidates will pursue a Ph.D. degree (Doctorate) in computer science while assigned to an industry partnership with ENOVOS. The research will investigate three areas of organizational change management considering security and business implications. The areas to explore are LLMs’ applications in knowledge extraction, trust, and interpretability for enhanced productivity task support and to promote an agile mindset within the organization. Thus, the Ph.D. student will explore using LLMs in organizations to increase creativity and foster an agile mindset for a more productive and innovative workforce.
In general, the candidate will perform the following tasks:
- Carry out research in fields of interest to the research group, such as:
- Investigate scaffolding tools and design options to increase the digital literacy of employees
- Explore digital literacy for LLMs and LLMs for digital literacy
- Explore trust in information technology, focusing on trust-building mechanisms in technology and employee satisfaction, particularly with LLMs
- Conduct surveys and plan interventions, including neurophysiological quasi-experiments, to analyze trust-building mechanisms in technology and employee satisfaction
- Explore the use of LLMs as a tool for creativity and innovation, supporting tasks and utilizing LLMs’ generative function and pattern recognition abilities
- Investigate the trustworthiness and explainability of LLMs’ generative models
- Disseminate results through scientific publications in outlets on the intersection between information systems and computer science Commented [RB1]: Or “in Human Computer Interaction”
- Support the conceptualization and writing of research proposals to attract industry partnerships as well as national and European grant projects
- Conduct research projects and create project deliverables
- Master’s degree in Human-Computer Interaction (HCI), organizational psychology, information systems engineering, business informatics, technology in management, or a related field.
- Interest in applying qualitative and/or quantitative research methods from information systems engineering (e.g., Design Science Research), psychology (e.g., quasi-experiments, survey studies), and NeuroIS (e.g., skinconductance, EEG).
- Familiarity with interface design and respective programming languages and interest in semantic/cognitive search is beneficial.
- A collaborative team player with a desire to make a personal impact within our interdisciplinary research
- The commitment to participate in the design and implementation of high-quality solutions that solve significant problems.
- Self-initiative, creativity, curiosity, flexibility and enthusiasm to work .
- The position requires English-language proficiency for both written and verbal communication. Knowledge of French, German and/or Luxembourgish is not required.
Here’s what awaits you at SnT
- A stimulating learning environment. Here post-docs and professors outnumber PhD students. That translates into access and close collaborations with some of the brightest ICT researchers, giving you solid guidance.
- Exciting infrastructures and unique labs. At SnT’s two campuses, our researchers can take a walk on the moon at the LunaLab, build a nanosatellite, or help make autonomous vehicles even better.
- The right place for IMPACT. SnT researchers engage in demand-driven projects. Through our Partnership Programme, we work on projects with more than 55 industry partners.
- Multiple funding sources for your ideas. The University supports researchers to acquire funding from national, European and private sources.
- Be part of a multicultural family. At SnT we have more than 60 nationalities. Throughout the year, we organise team-building events, networking activities and more.
- Boost your career. Students can take advantage of several opportunities for growth and career development, from free language classes to career resources and extracurricular activities.
But wait, there’s more!
- Complete picture of perks we offer: https://wwwen.uni.lu/snt/join_us
- Discover our Partnership Programme: https://wwwfr.uni.lu/snt/partnership_programme
- Download the brochure: Why choose SnT for your PhD: https://wwwen.uni.lu/content/download/130340/1497215/file/202010_Universite_SNT-Brochure-M10-WEB.pdf
- Why choose SnT? https://wwwfr.uni.lu/snt/join_us/why_choose_snt
- Contract Type: Fixed Term Contract 36 Month (extendable up to 48 months if required)
- Work Hours: Full Time 40.0 Hours per Week
- Location: Kirchberg
- Job Reference: UOL05869
- Employee and student status
- Starting Date: asap
The yearly gross salary for every PhD at the UL is EUR 39953 (full time)
How to apply
Applications should be submitted online and include:
- Full CV, including the contact address and work experience
- Cover letter including:
- A statement on the candidate’s personal motivation for applying (why a doctoral program, why in Luxembourg, minimum 300 words)
- A statement on the candidate’s motivation for applying for this topic (minimum 300 words)
- Transcript of all modules and results from university-level courses taken (Bachelor’s and Master’s degree or equivalent)
All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply.
Early application is highly encouraged, as the applications will be processed upon reception. Please apply formally through the HR system. Applications by email will not be considered.
The University of Luxembourg embraces inclusion and diversity as key values. We are fully committed to removing any discriminatory barrier related to gender, and not only, in recruitment and career progression of our staff. We highly value diversity and individual contribution in our team.
About the University of Luxembourg
University of Luxembourg is an international research university with a distinctly multilingual and interdisciplinary character. The University was founded in 2003 and counts more than 6,700 students and more than 2,000 employees from around the world. The University’s faculties and interdisciplinary centres focus on research in the areas of Computer Science and ICT Security, Materials Science, European and International Law, Finance and Financial Innovation, Education, Contemporary and Digital History. In addition, the University focuses on cross-disciplinary research in the areas of Data Modelling and Simulation as well as Health and System Biomedicine. Times Higher Education ranks the University of Luxembourg #3 worldwide for its “international outlook,” #20 in the Young University Ranking 2021 and among the top 250 universities worldwide.
For further information, please contact Tamara Roth (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Gilbert Fridgen (email@example.com). Use the job title and reference number mentioned above in the subject line of your email.