The University of Luxembourg is an international research university with a distinctly multilingual and interdisciplinary character. The University was founded in 2003 and counts more than 6,700 students and more than 2,000 employees from around the world. The University’s faculties and interdisciplinary centres focus on research in the areas of Computer Science and ICT Security, Materials Science, European and International Law, Finance and Financial Innovation, Education, Contemporary and Digital History. In addition, the University focuses on cross-disciplinary research in the areas of Data Modelling and Simulation as well as Health and System Biomedicine. Times Higher Education ranks the University of Luxembourg #3 worldwide for its “international outlook,” #20 in the Young University Ranking 2021 and among the top 250 universities worldwide.
The Faculty of Science, Technology and Medicine (FSTM) contributes multidisciplinary expertise in the fields of Mathematics, Physics, Engineering, Computer Science, Life Sciences and Medicine. Through its dual mission of teaching and research, the FSTM seeks to generate and disseminate knowledge and train new generations of responsible citizens, in order to better understand, explain and advance society and environment we live in.
A Postdoc position is available in the frame of the project “Statisical Mechanics of Active Matter” funded by the FNR. Applicants are expected to have a good experience in statistical mechanics and numerical simulations. The project will focus on dense active matter, combining particle-based and hydrodynamic approaches, using recent methods of optimal control theory and stochastic thermodynamics. The candidate is also expected to take part in the scientific activities organized within Physics of Active Matter group and the Department of Physics and Materials Science, such as seminars, colloquia, and summer schools.
What we expect from you…
The applicant should be a creative and motivated researcher with:
- Excellent analytical and numerical skills
- A high quality PhD in Theoretical Physics
- Solid knowledge of Statistical Physics
- Good written and oral skills in English
- A dynamic research unit in a recently created, quickly growing University
- Excellent working conditions in an international and inspiring environment
- The opportunity to participate regularly in scientific activities in Luxembourg and abroad (seminars, summer schools, etc)
- Contract Type: Fixed Term Contract 24 Month
- Work Hours: Full Time 40.0 Hours per Week
- Starting date: 01/04/2024 (earliest possible date) to 01/01/2025 (latest possible date)
- Location: Limpertsberg
- Job Reference: UOL05996
The yearly gross salary for every Postdoctoral Researcher at the UL is EUR 81072 (full time)
How to apply…
Applications should include:
- Curriculum Vitae
- Cover letter
- Coordinates of two persons willing to send letters of recommendation
- Copies of diplomas and transcripts with grades
Applications will be processed upon arrival. Please apply ONLINE formally through the HR system. Applications by email will not be considered.
The University of Luxembourg embraces inclusion and diversity as key values. We are fully committed to removing any discriminatory barrier related to gender, and not only, in recruitment and career progression of our staff.
In return you will get…
- Multilingual and international character. Modern institution with a personal atmosphere. Staff coming from 90 countries. Member of the “University of the Greater Region” (UniGR).
- A modern and dynamic university. High-quality equipment. Close ties to the business world and to the Luxembourg labour market. A unique urban site with excellent infrastructure.
- A partner for society and industry. Cooperation with European institutions, innovative companies, the Financial Centre and with numerous non-academic partners such as ministries, local governments, associations, NGOs …
- Website of the group: efodorphysics.github.io
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org