SnT is a leading international research and innovation centre in secure, reliable and trustworthy ICT systems and services. We play an instrumental role in Luxembourg by fueling innovation through research partnerships with industry, boosting R&D investments leading to economic growth, and attracting highly qualified talent.
We’re looking for people driven by excellence, excited about innovation, and looking to make a difference. If this sounds like you, you’ve come to the right place!
We offer an attractive Research Associate (Postdoctoral) position in 3D Computer Vision at the Computer Vision, machine Intelligence and Imaging (CVI²) research group (http://cvi2.uni.lu) headed by Prof. Djamila Aouada. The CVI² research group is very active in the field of 3D Computer Vision and regularly organizes relevant workshops/challenges such as SHARP (https://cvi2.uni.lu/sharp2023) which is organized regularly in conjunction with top-tier conferences (e.g., CVPR, ICCV, and ECCV). The successful candidate will help in shaping research directions and carry out high-impact research in a close collaboration with CVI² industrial partners such as Artec3D (www.artec3d.com) which is global leader in handheld and portable 3D scanner. The candidate will perform the following tasks:
- Shaping research directions and producing results in the field of 3D Computer Vision. Topics include but are not limited to:
- 3D shape modelling
- 3D mesh and point cloud analysis
- 3D reverse engineering
- Geometric deep learning
- Vision and language processing
- Disseminating results through scientific publications
- Coordinating research projects and delivering outputs
- Participating in writing proposals
- Participating to the teaching activities
- Providing support in setting up and running experiments
- Implementing real-time solutions
- Providing guidance to PhD and MSc students
- Organizing relevant workshops and demonstrations
- A PhD degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Applied Mathematics or a related field
- Competitive research record in Computer Vision, preferably with publications at top-tier CV/ML conferences/journals (e.g., NeurIPS, ICML, ICLR, CVPR, ICCV, ECCV, 3DV, TPAMI, etc.)
- Strong development skills in Python
- Strong mathematical background
- Broad experience with machine learning algorithms and deep learning concepts
- Experience with at least one of the following deep learning frameworks: PyTorch, TensorFlow, Keras, etc.
- Previous experience in 3D Computer Vision
- Commitment, team working, and a critical mind
- Fluent written and verbal communication skills in English are mandatory
- Advanced scientific report writing skills
Here’s what awaits you at SnT…
- Exciting infrastructures and unique labs. At SnT’s two campuses, our researchers can take a walk on the moon at the LunaLab, build a nanosatellite, or help make autonomous vehicles even better
- The right place for IMPACT. SnT researchers engage in demand-driven projects. Through our Partnership Programme, we work on projects with more than 55 industry partners
- Be part of a multicultural family. At SnT we have more than 60 nationalities. Throughout the year, we organise team-building events, networking activities and more
- Contract Type: Fixed Term Contract 24 Month (may be extended up to five years)
- Work Hours: Full Time 40.0 Hours per Week
- Location: Kirchberg
- Job Reference: UOL05941
The yearly gross salary for every Postdoctoral Researcher at the UL is EUR 81072 (full time)
How to apply…
Applications should include:
- Curriculum Vitae (including your contact address, work experience, publications, etc.)
- Contact information for 3 referees, including details (name, email address, etc.)
- Preferably, a Github/Gitlab webpage listing completed projects in Computer Vision or Machine Learning
All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply.
Early application is highly encouraged, as the applications will be processed upon reception. Please apply ONLINE formally through the HR system. Applications by Email will not be considered.
The University of Luxembourg embraces inclusion and diversity as key values. We are fully committed to removing any discriminatory barrier related to gender, and not only, in recruitment and career progression of our staff.
About the University of Luxembourg…
University of Luxembourg is an international research university with a distinctly multilingual and interdisciplinary character. The University was founded in 2003 and counts more than 6,700 students and more than 2,000 employees from around the world. The University’s faculties and interdisciplinary centres focus on research in the areas of Computer Science and ICT Security, Materials Science, European and International Law, Finance and Financial Innovation, Education, Contemporary and Digital History. In addition, the University focuses on cross-disciplinary research in the areas of Data Modelling and Simulation as well as Health and System Biomedicine. Times Higher Education ranks the University of Luxembourg #3 worldwide for its “international outlook,” #20 in the Young University Ranking 2021 and among the top 250 universities worldwide.
For further information, please contact Djamila.Aouada@uni.lu