The Graduate School of Communication (GSC) is responsible for the education within the Master’s in Communication Science (four tracks), the Research Master’s in Communication Science (two tracks) and the Erasmus Mundus Master’s in Journalism, Media and Globalisation at the University of Amsterdam.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, social media savvy and creative student assistant to support in communication activities and events.
What will you be doing?
Your job entails:
- helping out with all sorts of communications activities, such as:
- maintaining and updating websites (experience with CMS systems desirable but not necessary);
- creating useful, valuable and relevant web content;
- keeping our students informed and involved via social media;
- drafting texts and designing newsletters for current and potential students;
- designing communication outlets for e.g. narrowcasting;
- designing marketing materials such as brochures, videos, online content (no knowledge required but creativity is expected);
- organising/supporting smaller and larger events, like:
- Introduction Day;
- Master’s information events;
- internal events such as Communication Science on the Run.
- supporting the study advisers, policy advisers and communication officer with ad hoc projects;
- being contact person for prospective students:
- communicating with interested students from all over the world over university and student life;
- communication via personal meetings (on campus), Skype or email;
- represent students at Master’s information events.
What do we require?
Ideally you will start with the pre-Master’s or (Research) Master’s in Communication Science in February 2021 or you still have to study for at least a year within one of these programmes.
- are proactive and think two steps ahead;
- are able to work independently and flexible (some weeks will be more busy than others);
- are creative, easy going and adaptable;
- are social media savvy (good with both understanding memes and executing webcare).
- enjoy being a student at the Graduate School and would like to be part of the team and represent the GSC towards prospective students;
- can understand Dutch and are confident about working with Dutch instructions (from time to time).
Knowledge of Adobe Photoshop or Indesign is preferable.
The position is temporary for a period of at least a year (start 1 February 2021). Depending on the year of study, the salary range is €2,110 to €2,462 gross per month (Student Assistant salary grade, pursuant to the Collective Labour Agreement of Dutch Universities) based on a full-time workweek.
If you have any questions about this position you may contact:
Would you like to learn more about working at the University of Amsterdam? Visit the website.
The UvA is an equal-opportunity employer. We prioritise diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for everyone. We value a spirit of enquiry and perseverance, provide the space to keep asking questions, and promote a culture of curiosity and creativity.
This vacancy is only open for students who are enrolled for the (Research) Master’s programme in Communication Science. You can email your curriculum vitae and motivation letter by 14 January 2021 to Ms Elske Verkruijsse.
No agencies please