Founded in 1607, Justus Liebig University Giessen (JLU) is a research university rich in tradition. Inspired by curiosity about the unknown, we enable around 28,000 students and 5,700 employees to advance science for society. Join us in breaking new ground and writing success stories – your own and those of our university.
Support us from 01.10.2022 in one of two part-time positions (50 %) as a
PhD Candidate / Research Assistant (m/f/d)
in the field of Intercultural Communication and Business
In accordance with § 2 WissZeitVG and § 72 HessHG, the position is to be filled on a fixed-term basis at the Chair of Intercultural Communication and Business, Department of English at the Faculty of Language, Literature, Culture with the opportunity for own academic qualification. The salary is in accordance with the collective labour agreement of the State of Hessen (E 13 TV-H).
As long as the maximum permissible duration of a fixed-term contract is not exceeded, you will be employed for an initial period of 3 years. An extension for up to another 2 years is possible under the above-mentioned condition.
Applications from people with a strong international academic background are particularly encouraged.
Your tasks at a glance
- Conduct research at the interface of two or more of the following areas: intercultural communication and education, intercultural/international management, HR development and organizational development, migration and integration, media innovation and social entrepreneurship – with a focus on China and Asia
- Prepare and teach seminars and tutorials in undergraduate and graduate programs: teaching responsibilities – totaling two hours per week during each semester – include examination duties and student supervision
- Develop and conduct a PhD research project
- Assist the Chair with academic self-administration
Your qualifications and competences
- A master´s degree (or equivalent) in social sciences and humanities
- Knowledge of and affinity with the above-mentioned research areas
- Native or near-native fluency in English
- German and/or Chinese language skills are a plus
- Demonstrated ability for excellence in qualitative and/or quantitative social research
- Interest in and commitment to interdisciplinary research and international collaboration
Our offer to you
- A collegial working atmosphere in a dynamic, interdisciplinary and international team
- A wide range of activities in research, teaching and knowledge transfer
- Free use of local public transport (LandesTicket Hessen)
- More than 100 training seminars, workshops and e-learning opportunities per year for personal development, as well as a wide range of health and sports activities
- Remuneration according to TV-H, company pension scheme, child allowance and special payments
- Good compatibility of family and career (certificate “audit familiengerechte hochschule”)
If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact Prof. Dr. Xun Luo by e-mail (email@example.com).
JLU aims to employ more women in academic research. We therefore particularly encourage female candidates to apply. Due to the women’s support plan, there is an obligation to increase the proportion of women. JLU is regarded as a family-friendly university. Applicants with children are very welcome. Applications from disabled people of equal aptitude will be given preference.
You want to break new ground with us?
Apply via our online formby August 18th, 2022, indicating reference number 488/05. Please send a CV, Letter of Motivation, List of Publications. We look forward to receiving your application.