Department: Faculty of Business and Economics
The University of Antwerp is a dynamic, forward-thinking, European university. We offer an innovative academic education to more than 20 000 students, conduct pioneering scientific research and play an important service-providing role in society. We are one of the largest, most international and most innovative employers in the region. With more than 6000 employees from 100 different countries, we are helping to build tomorrow’s world every day. Through top scientific research, we push back boundaries and set a course for the future – a future that you can help to shape.
The Department of Economics in the Faculty of Business and Economics is looking for a full-time doctoral scholarship holder in the field of Economic Policy Position
- You will work actively on the preparation and defence of a PhD thesis in the field of economic policy (more specific information on the research topics of the department can be found here).
- You will acquire skills for this by following courses from the doctoral programme.
- You will actively participate in research activities of the department.
- You will carry out a limited number of teaching and research support tasks for the department.
- You hold a Master degree in (applied) economics, socio-economics (or equivalent) or you will have obtained it by the time you start work.
- You can demonstrate excellent study results.
- Your teaching competences are in line with the University of Antwerp’s educational vision.
- Your research qualities are in line with the faculty and university research policies.
- You act with attention to quality, integrity, creativity and cooperation.
What we offer
- We offer a doctoral scholarship for a period of two years. Following a positive evaluation, the scholarship can be renewed once for another two-year period.
- The planned start date is 15 September 2022 or as soon as possible after that date.
- Your monthly scholarship amount is calculated according to the scholarship amounts for doctoral scholarship holders on the pay scales for Contract Research Staff (Dutch: Bijzonder Academisch Personeel, BAP).
- You will receive ecocheques, Internet-connectivity allowance and a bicycle allowance or a full reimbursement of public transport costs for commuting.
- You will do most of your work at the City Campus in a dynamic and stimulating working environment.
- Find out more about working at the University of Antwerp here.
Want to apply?
- You can apply for this position until 8 August 2022 via the online application platform of the University of Antwerp. Click on the button ‘Apply’, complete the online application form and make sure to attach the following documents: a motivation letter, your academic CV (including all study results obtained in your bachelor and master programme), and your master thesis.
- The selection committee will review all applications as soon as possible after the application deadline. As soon as a decision has been made, we will notify you and inform you about the next steps in the selection procedure. Interviews will take place in the second half of August 2022.
- If you have any questions about the online application form, please check the frequently asked questions or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you have any questions about the job itself, please contact prof. dr. Jan Bouckaert (email@example.com), chair department of economics, or prof. dr. Diana De Graeve (firstname.lastname@example.org), vicechair department of economics.
The University of Antwerp received the European Commission’s HR Excellence in Research Award for its HR policy. We are a sustainable, family-friendly organisation which invests in its employees’ growth. We encourage diversity and attach great importance to an inclusive working environment and equal opportunities, regardless of gender identity, disability, race, ethnicity, religion or belief, sexual orientation or age. We encourage people from diverse backgrounds and with diverse characteristics to apply.