Founded in 1607, Justus Liebig University Giessen (JLU) is a research university rich in tradition. Inspired by curiosity about the unknown, we enable around 28,000 students and 5,700 employees to advance science for society. Join us in breaking new ground and writing success stories – your own and those of our university.
Support us as soon as possible in part-time (75 %) as a
Research Associate (m/f/d)
(Doctoral Student) in the field of Developmental Cognitive Science
The position is part of the DFG funded collaborative research center “SFB/TRR 135 Cardinal Mechanisms of Perception“ and is to be filled on a fixed-term basis in accordance with § 2 WissZeitVG and § 72 HessHG with the opportunity for own academic qualification at theChair of Developmental Psychology at the Faculty of Psychology and Sport Science. The salary is in accordance with the collective labour agreement of the State of Hessen (E 13 TV-H).
As long as the maximum permissible duration of a fixed-term contract is not exceeded, you will be employed until December 31st 2025.
Your tasks at a glance
- Research tasks with the topic of cognition and motor skills in typical and untypical development
- Planning, conducting and evaluating corresponding experimental studies
- Publication and presentation of results in journals and at conferences
The provision of academic services (including the processing of a research project financed by third party funds on a temporary basis) also serves the purpose of academic qualification (doctorate).
Your qualifications and competences
- Completed Master‘s or equivalent university degree in Psychology, Cognitive Science, Sport Sciences or a related subject
- Good knowledge of statistical evaluation methods
- Experience in conducting experimental studies, very good knowledge of scientific English
- Experience in experimental psychological research, in eye- and motion tracking methods as well as programming skills are desirable
Our offer to you
- Doctoral program with interdisciplinary exchange
- A varied job with flexible working hours
- Free use of local public transport (LandesTicket Hessen)
- More than 100 training seminars, workshops and e-learning opportunities per year for personal development, as well as a wide range of health and sports activities
- Remuneration according to TV-H, company pension scheme, child allowance and special payments
- Good compatibility of family and career (certificate “audit familiengerechte hochschule”)
If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact Prof. Dr. Gudrun Schwarzer by phone (0641/99-26060)) or by e-mail (Gudrun.Schwarzer@psychol.uni-giessen.de).
JLU aims to employ more women in academic research. We therefore particularly encourage female candidates to apply. JLU is regarded as a family-friendly university. Applicants with children are very welcome. Applications from disabled people of equal aptitude will be given preference.
You want to break new ground with us?
Apply via our online formby August 25th, 2022, indicating reference number 490/06. We look forward to receiving your application.